This year I really, really hope I get an invite to a Hogwarts-style enchanted garden/magical nighttime holiday event because then I’ll have the world’s most fitting excuse to get gussied up in makeup from the MAC Holiday 2015 Magic of the Night collection.
I just hope I can find the right black-tie pregnancy dress, hmm… 🙂
Oh, boy! This collection is a doozy. It’s a big one, and it’s split into two parts. First, there’s the color collection, spell caster’s codename “Magic of the Night.” And then there are several holiday gift sets in three different categories, appropriately named Enchanted Eve, Irresistibly Charming and Viva Glamorous.
Playing with these pieces today it was pretty much love at first swipe. The color theme and deep jewel-toned smoky eyes, gleaming skin and matte lips are totally my style, and I’m a sucker for the magical vibe.
MAC’s new line of Colourdrenched Pigments definitely caught my eye. They’re soft and saturated pressed powder eyeshadows that feel almost like creams, and they are intense! And then there are the lovely In Extra Dimension Skinfinishes, which are, in my opinion, quite possibly the most perfect highlighters MAC has ever made.
Come take a closer look with me in the video at the top. 🙂
I only gloss over a few of the holiday sets in the release, but I will be using them to conjure up (haha) a couple looks over the coming week.
Aaaand here’s a quick rundown of the MAC Magic of the Night products I’m wearing in the video…
- Colourdrenched Pigment in Night Thrill — inner corners and inner part of my lower lash line
- Ascent of Glamour — outer part of my lower lash line
- Tonight’s the Night — lids
- Moon Is Blue — outer half of the lid
- No Taboos — outer V
- Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Black Swan — smudged along the lower lash line
- In Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Shaft of Gold — as a bronzer/blush on my cheekbones
- In Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Oh Darling — as a highlighter
- Matte Lipstick in Please Me — lips
As always, thank you for watching, and happy spell casting with MAC Magic of the Night!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. The collection arrives at MAC counters October 22, but it’ll be up on the MAC website a few days earlier on October 18.