The odds of me falling in love with MAC’s newest collection, Neo Sci Fi, were higher than both Whitney Houston AND Bobby Brown in the late 90s.
Just put a label on my forehead that says, “Easy Prey.” First, there’s the bright orange packaging. Sure, it’s kinda highway-worker vest, but I think it’s fun and cheerful. Then there’s my weakness for warm shades of bronze, pink and plum, which headline the sunbaked, summertime collection.
And then there’s my not-so-secret penchant for, um, sci-fi. Did I ever tell ya that Terminator is one of my favorite movies of all time and that the sci-fi classic book Ender’s Game changed my life? Fo’ reals! In case you were wondering, no, I’ve never been to a Star Trek convention or to Comic-Con, but I have both on my list of things to do.
I was totally set up to fall hard for this collection. Hard!
Neo Sci Fi hit MAC counters today, and I love pretty much everything about it. Electro ($14, a bright orange lipstick) and Pink Grapefruit ($14, an orange Lipglass) demand attention. I don’t usually dig orange makeup, either, but both of these shades really pop and would look great with a summer tan.
I’m definitely going to snatch up as many of the Neo Sci Fi Lipglasses (remember Soft & Slow last year’s Smoke Signals release?), lipsticks, blushes and polishes as I can.
I thought I’d go crazy over the eyeshadows, too, but they didn’t wow me as much as I thought they would. Surprisingly, the color I liked most was Expensive Pink, a warm gold-pink duochrome in MAC’s permanent eyeshadow color collection. Where have you been all my life, Expensive Pink? Love ya!
The entire Neo Sci Fi collection includes…
- Sci-Fi-Delity (frost) – burnt red with gold pearl
- Pleasureseeker (glaze) – creamy peach
- Astral (lustre) – mid-tone brown with red pearl
- Electro (lustre) – bright orange
- Sunsonic (frost) – white gold
From left to right: Sci-Fi-Delity, Pleasureseeker, Astral, Electro, Sunsonic
- Supreme – bronzed brown with white pearl
- Naked Space – creamy mid-tone nude peach
- Pink Grapefruit – orange with gold pearl
- Soft & Slow – mid-tone creamy plum
From left to right: Supreme, Naked Space, Pink Grapefruit, Soft & Slow
Eye Shadows ($14)
- Magnetic Fields (veluxe pearl) – black brown with silver pearl
- Femme-Fi – frosty golden cream
- Evening Aura (veluxe pearl) – frosty golden peach
- Time & Space (frost) – frosty copper
- Expensive Pink (veluxe pearl) – pink with gold duochrome
From left to right: Magnetic Fields, Femme-Fi, Evening Aura, Time & Space, Expensive Pink
Lipsticks and the eyeshadows
- Plush Lash – Plushblack
I love MAC Plush Lash! I took a close look at Plush Lash earlier this year.
Power Blushes ($17.50)
- Spaced Out – shimmery peach
- X-Rocks – shimmery dirty mauve
Cremestick Liner ($14)
- 80% – deep cocoa
- Beurre – dirtied plum
- Summerfruit – pale coral
Beurre is part of the permanent Cremestick liner line-up I wrote about here.
Nail Lacquer ($10)
- Metalist – neutral coppertone with whtie pearl
- Plasma Blu – turquoise blue with matching pearl
- Neon 8 – bright orange with matching pearl
- Phosphor – bumble bee yellow
From left to right: Phosphor, Neon 8, Plasma Blu
What do you think of Neo Sci Fi? Do the colors make you wanna beam yourself up to your nearest MAC counter? Or would you rather say hasta la vista, baby! and wait for something else?
I’ve been running ragged this morning! My only sources of fuel have been a large latte and
the adrenaline rush I got from Neo Sci Fi! Time for breakfast/lunch. Thai leftovers, anyone?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more sweet, sweet makeup lovin’, sign up to receive my updates by email. 🙂