Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate
Sometimes you just need a quick snack to quiet the rumbling in your tummy, ya know? Not a full-on meal. Just a quick snack, like when Vampire Bill takes a sip from Sookie (Ha! I almost typed “Snookie”) while they’re “having relations.”
In a way, Bite Beauty’s new Define & Refine Lip Set ($36) is like a quick snack. You get to taste three full-size Bite lip products without having to pay full price. Purchased separately, they’d cost $68, or almost twice the price of the set.
The trio of treats includes…
- Lip Shine in Prosecco — Interesting! This sheer nude gloss smells to me like a mix of Play-Doh and Sweet Tarts. Thankfully, the scent and sugary flavor fade fast. The medium-weight formula doesn’t feel sticky on my lips, and it lasts about two and a half hours. I’m glad Bite included a doe-foot applicator because it makes application a snap.
- High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate — The pigment in this blue-based red? To die for. It’s almost too good to be true. Despite its light and creamy texture (both unscented and unflavored), this pencil still manages to retain a long-lasting true matte finish. What we have here is one elegant lippie, young lady, and probably the best thing I’ve tried from the Bite line so far.
- Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rose — One layer of this dark pink lipstick delivers full coverage color that may not make it through a meal, but it should resist fading for a solid four hours between them. Like the pencil, this pigmented beauty is unscented and unflavored, and it’s wonderfully moisturizing, too.
Like other products in the Bite Beauty line, these are made with food-grade goodies like resveratrol, a potent antioxidant and Bite’s signature ingredient. If you’d like to hear more about what puts the bite in Bite Beauty, check out Resveratrol, and Not Vampires, Puts the Bite in Bite Beauty Lip Products.
Define & Refine Lip Set products from top to bottom: High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate, Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rose and Lip Shine in Prosecco
Swatches from left: Lip Shine in Prosecco, Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rose and High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate
Luminous Creme Lipstick in Rose
Lip Shine in Prosecco
I think Bite did a pretty good job picking the colors for this set. These are shades that should work well on a wide range of skin tones, and the overall quality, pigment and price make it a pretty great deal. If I could only recommend one thing from the Bite line so far, without a doubt, this would be it.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at select Sephora stores and sephora.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re still hungry for more, try…
- Bite Beauty SPF 15 Sheer Balm Sheer Looks Pigmented to Me
- Bite Beauty Vitamin Gel Tastes So Good I Had to Have Seconds
- I Thought Iâ€™d Be Hungrier for Bite Beauty Lip Rouge Multitasking Lip Color and Blush