You know, as I sit here thinking about it — reflecting, if you will — it makes sense that Laura Mercier’s new $42 Cheek Mélange Blush is called Sensual Reflections, because it’s part of the upcoming fall Sensual Reflections collection.
But…when I wear it and see myself in the mirror, I feel like it should have been called Quiet Reflections instead.
Like, I should be sitting quietly under a willow tree by a pond and contemplating the meaning of life.
“Tabby, or not tabby, that is the question.”
And, uh…I don’t exactly think of myself as a “sensually reflective” kind of person. Really, I feel about as sensually reflective as a rind of parmesan cheese, but that’s neither here nor there.
Sensual Reflections, with the way its satin finish softly shines, is one of those beautiful blushes that makes an understated statement, and with hints of peach, plum and gold, it works on most every skin tone, whether used as a blush or a highlighter.
It’s one of the limited edition pieces in the Sensual Reflections collection, and I think it’s the most striking piece in the entire launch.
I mean, just look at that pretty pan! It looks like a closeup of a cosmos flower…
You’re supposed to mix the peachy pink beige, golden beige and sheer plum together, and apply the combined color to your cheeks for a natural, flattering glow.
This blush is all about the finish, which is sort of halfway between satin and sheer. The finely-milled powder reflects light evenly and subtly when it’s on my cheeks — glowing, but not looking frosty at all (great for gals/guys of all ages). You end up looking like you just left the spa and had a facial done by the World’s Best Esthetician.
Also, because it isn’t too heavily pigmented, you won’t end up with crazy clown cheeks (an added plus!).
It reminds me of Benefit Sugarbomb…but sheerer and more nuanced, and with a finer powder. Like, Sugarbomb, as seen through a Chanel lens.
I wish it were permanent, because I like it that much…
Cheek Mélange in Sensual Reflections, and the rest of the Laura Mercier Sensual Reflections collection, are coming to Laura Mercier counters soon.
The Laura Mercier Sensual Reflections fall 2014 collection includes…
- Lip Glacé in Desire, $25 (new, limited edition)
- Lip Glacé in Bare Blush, $25 (repromote, permanent)
- Cheek Mélange in Sensual Reflections, $42 (new, limited edition)
- Faux Lash Mascara in Sierra Brown, $24 (new, limited edition)
- Faux Lash Mascara in Black, $24 (repromote, permanent)
- Crème Eye Liner in Envy, $23 (new, limited edition)
- Crème Eye Liner in Espresso, $23 (repromote, permanent)
- Satin Matte Eye Colour in Tempting Green, $24 (new, limited edition)
- Satin Matte Eye Colour in Plum Allure, $24 (new, limited edition)
- Satin Matte Eye Colour in Gold Seduction, $24 (new, limited edition)
- Satin Matte Eye Colour in Sensual Pink, $24 (new, limited edition)
- Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Sienna, $24 (repromote, permanent)
- Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plumberry, $24 (repromote, permanent)
- Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Cocoa, $24 (repromote, permanent)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,