Purple lipgloss? So totally my thing, and it has been ever since at least my 27th birthday, when my BFF Jen gave me a tube of Benefit Kiss Me Gloss. I haven’t turned back since.
But to be honest, the first time I swatched Illamasqua’s latest lavender-ish lippie, the appropriately named Fierce, I gasped before I squeed!
It’s just so purple. And opaque. And…purple.
Part of Illamasqua’s new Human Fundamentalism collection, it’s probably not what I’d wear to Easter mass (imagine the look on the padre’s face during communion!), but I do think it’s more wearable than teal blue Apocalips, another loud lippie from the same launch.
- Packaging: I think I would have preferred a doe-foot applicator to the brush that comes with Fierce. The fibers are a little long and unruly; some of the ones at the edges tend to splay out.
- Texture: I love it. It’s somewhere between a MAC Cremesheen and a Lipglass — moderately thick and just slightly sticky.
- Flavor and scent: Pop Rocks? Remember those? That’s what the scent and taste remind me of. A little weird…but I like it. For what it’s worth, both of them fade pretty quickly.
- Application: Still pretty easy despite the brush. The gloss itself applies smoothly and lays down nice, even color.
- Finish: It has a subtle shine (much shinier probably wouldâ€™ve taken it over the top).
- Wear time: About three hours on my lips. It doesn’t last through a meal, but it will tolerate a cup of tea.
Swatches from the left: Powder Eye Shadow in Obsidian, Powder Eye Shadow in Pivot, Intense Lipgloss in Fierce and Lipstick in Apocalips
I think it helps to wear Fierce with gusto because it is such a head turner. Give it a try with an outfit that has a little edge to it, like, I might wear it with leopard printed denim skinnies or an all black number with a pair of equally fierce shoes (and some thick black eye liner, too, for a mash-up of artsy/edgy and classic). 🙂
Current/Elliott ‘The Stiletto’ Leopard Print Stretch Jeans in Camel Leopard Wash
AVAILABILITY: Available at Sephora stores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,