What if Starbucks started selling makeup?
“Good morning! What can I get you?”
“Hi! Oh, uh…could I please get one of those Artisan veggie sandwiches, a lemon scone and a NARS Vent GlacÃ©?”
“Blended with room for whip cream?”
“Does a cat snore in his sleep?!”
Some of the nuances differentiating the cool-toned platinum and silver shades in the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Vent GlacÃ© ($34; it’s French for “icy wind,” who knew?), are probably lost on my NC 42 skin tone, but man! — I sure do love how they look blended together on top of black eyeliner.
That’s how I’m wearing them here (also with the NARS High Society Trio, from the very same fall 2012 collection, on my lids), smudged on top of black liner along my lower lash line.
They merge to form a silvery greenish gray gradient that’s all kinds of awesome.
Any creamy black or blackish gray base would probably work great in a look like this, like MAC Paint Pot in Blackground, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Strut or Chanel Illusion Dâ€™Ombre Long Wear Eyeshadow in Mirifique.
Additional makeup worn in this look…
- MAC Concrete Eyeshadow: Brows
- NARS Trio Eyeshadow in High Society: lids
- Chanel Inimitible Intense in 50 Purple: Lashes
- MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline: Water lines, lash lines and lids
- NARS Larger Than Life Gloss in Rouge Tribal: Lips
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15: Cheeks
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Cuba and St. Moritz: Face
- Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Powder in No. 4: Forehead, nose and chin
- NARS Blush in Outlaw: Apples of my cheeks
Both of the colors in the duo blend together and into other shadows seamlessly, and with plenty of pigment, but very little fallout. Good and good. 🙂
AVAILABILITY: Coming soon to NARS counters, and coming to narscosmetics.com July 15
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+/A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,