Wearing Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten
Daily revelations, January 23, 2012
- “Isosceles” and “Camembert” are two very dignified words.
- The retail pet products world discriminates against cats (at Target, dogs get both sides of an entire aisle for toys and canine accessories, but cats just get one small section of wall!).
- What does it mean when you’re no longer embarrassed about saying things like this out loud: “The kitty appetizers with the shredded pieces are way classier than the ones with cubed bits.”
- ZOMG! Tarte’s four shimmery, glittery Amazonian Clay Blushes for spring 2012 are totally great!
I’m still trying to track down whether these four new $25 blushes are limited edition or permanent, but I’m really hoping that Tarte decides to keep ‘em around, because I can easily see myself wearing Adored (a cool pink with purplish glitter), Frisky (a red with golden glitter), Buff (a nude peachy brown with silver glitter) and Glisten (a shimmery peachy gold from last yearâ€™s QVC-exclusive 8th World Wonder kit) all year round.
Like their older siblings, these four new shades also contain (you guessed it!) Amazonian Clay! — an ingredient that Tarte claims is able to adapt to different skin conditions, both moisturizing dry patches and absorbing grease in oily areas at the same time.
My dry cheeks have yet to feel a sudden surge of moisture when they wear these, but I can say that the blushes haven’t made my alligator skin situation any worse.
Also like last year’s blushes, these pigmented powerhouses have amazing grip strength! They latch onto my cheeks and don’t let go for nothin’, not even after multiple trips to and from my car yesterday in the rain. They stayed put all day long until I removed my makeup around 9 at night, so if you need or want a long-wearing blush, you could do a lot worse than these.
But, you might be wondering, what about the glitter? Well, I think Tarte handles it well. It’s definitely not glitter ala Claire’s/Hot Topic. Tarte appears to be using a semi-matte blush base for Adored, Frisky and Glisten that tones down the party effect, so it’s visible from an armâ€™s length away, but the glitter flecks are so tiny and subdued that I think they look refined. We’re talking classy glitter here, babe.
Swatches from the left: Buff, Adored, Frisky and Glisten
A few notes on the individual shades…
- Adored – This cool glittery pink looks a little bit like a flashier, glittery NARS Mata Hari.
- Frisky – If creamy NARS Cactus Flower blush came in a powder, I’d call it Frisky. The most intense of the four new shades, and I bet it’ll pop on skin tones from medium to dark.
- Glisten – This shimmery peachy gold is the only one that didn’t get glitter. If you already have MAC Sunbasque or NARS Luster, you already have a shade very similar to Glisten.
- Buff – This nude peachy brown is such a showoff with its flecks of silver glitter! It’s probably my favorite of the bunch and the one that’s the least like anything else in my collection. I also think it’s the subtlest of the group, but that doesn’t hold back it’s fun potential.
All in all, it looks to me like Tarte is kicking off this spring with a bang.
PRICE: $25 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,