I’d travel across the universe to have a bad romance with Deborah Lippmann’s two new glitter-ific fall polishes ($18 each).
Fun, flirty, and catching more light than Vampire Edward’s bare chest in broad daylight, Bad Romance (a glittery fuchsia in a black base) and Across the Universe (a glittery blue-green in a navy base) sing siren songs of shimmery seduction LOUDER than the other Lippmann glitters I’ve tried in the past.
They owe their new singing voice to a shinier jelly base, ooh la la!
And I like it. What’s glitter, after all, without the shine? It’s like toast without Nutella (or Justin Bieber without the fever).
5 Fun Facts About The Lippmann Fall 2010 Nail Polishes
- Deborah was inspired to create the celestial Across the Universe after a trip to the Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History in New York City
- TRIPPY! Deborah says she wanted every bottle of Across the Universe to contain time and space
- Models at the Lela Rose Fall 2010 New York Fashion Week show pranced down the runway wearing Across the Universe on their nails
- Bad Romance uses a sheer black base similar to 2009′s Ruby Red Slippers
- Deborah came up with the idea for Bad Romance while she was doing Lady’s Gaga’s nails for a photo shoot. She asked herself, “What would Gaga do?”
There’s so much glitter in these bottles that I’d wager a single one would to satisfy a cavalcade of club-goers, but they’re much more than mere bling. The also perform — with Lippmann’s signature durability. On top of everything else, they’re free of the formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalates still found in many nail products.
Because Bad Romance and Across the Universe join Lippmann’s permanent polish line, they should be around for a while. Unfortunately, they’re quite pricey at $18 apiece… Available now at Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Norstrom and online at deborahlippmann.com. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A
You might like the Lippmann Bad Romance and Across the Universe nail polishes if…
- You gotta go glitter
- You like durable nail polishes and don’t mind a splurge
- You’re in the mood to party!
Project NO WAY
Project Runway fans, did you happen to catch last night’s episode?
I’m so bummed, ladies. Did you think Casanova’s outfit was as bad as the judged did? I was hoping they’d send Ivy home instead… Her outfit did nothing for me (her model looked like the Statue of Liberty in it!), and she’s got such a bad attitude, grrr…
I’d get some seriously weird tan lines, but I’d wear Andy’s swimsuit/coverup combo in a hot second if I were taller and skinny.
Who are your fave designers on the show? Right now I’m pulling for Andy, April and Mondo.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,