Yo, as if I needed yet ANOTHER reason to go all crazy cat lady on your @ss, the MAC Fabulous Felines collection claws its way onto makeup counters tomorrow, and from what I’ve seen so far, it might be one of MAC’s most purrr-fect releases to date.
NOTE: If you can’t wait till Thursday, don’t (it’s already available online). 🙂
Here are some pics to help you wrap your tail around everything. It’s a hefty release, with 52 pieces for eyes, cheeks and lips distributed among three different color stories…
- Palace Pedigreed — regal blues, grays and silvers
- Burmese Beauty — rich olives and teak
- Leopard Luxe — tawny creams and golds (Tabs likes these A LOT)
Tabs auditioned for the Leopard Luxe modeling campaign but never got a call back…
Keep your cool kitten eyes peeled for the Superslick Liquid Eye Liners ($17.50). Available in nine shades, these innovate long-wearing, water-resistant liners actually look wet when they’re dry, and Tabs thinks they’re the cat’s meow.
Today while he napped (apparently, fabulous felines require a lot of sleep), I took a look at eight pieces from the collection…
- Pigment in Blood Line ($19.50): Simply put, I this purplish brown loose powder shadow. It’s smooth, with just a hint of shimmer, and I bet it would rock the socks off of looks featuring plum or brown smokey eyes
- Cremesheen Lipstick in Of Royalty ($14.50): This creamy bluish pink looks strikingly like MAC Viva Glam Gaga (which means I like it!), but it’s a touch darker with a tad more blue
- Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Smoky Heir and Signature Blue ($17.50): I doubt MAC intentionally developed these with actual feline eyes in mind, but I swear the wet finish makes lines drawn with Superslick look an awful lot like the lines around a real tabby cat’s eyes. Oh, and despite how long-lasting these are, they somehow remain quite easy to remove.
- Cremesheen Lipstick in Drive Me Wild ($14.50): LOVE THIS! Like MAC Lychee Luxe in lipstick form
- Lipglass in Schemer ($14.50): I bet this sheer, shimmery caramel with red and gold pearl would look festive layered over a brick red lippie
- Mineralize Blush in The Soft Meow ($21): This golden matte brown blush could probably double as a bronzer for gals with medium-to-dark skin
- Lipglass in Jealous ($14.50): Jealous looks like a sheer, shimmery light green in its tube, but the color’s almost invisible on my pigmented lips 🙁
Mineralize Blush in The Soft Meow, $21
Lipsticks in Drive Me Wild (left) and Of Royalty (right), $14.50 each
Lipglasses in Schemer (top) and Jealous (bottom), $14.50 each
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Signature Blue (left) and Smoky Heir (right), $17.50 each
Pigment in Bloodline, $19.50
Swatches from left on NC35 skin: The Soft Meow Blush, Bloodline Pigment, Signature Blue Superslick Eye Liner, Smoky Heir Superslick Eye Liner, Drive Me Wild Lipstick, Of Royalty Lipstick, Jealous Lipglass, Schemer Lipglass
Smoky Heir Superslick Eye Liner
Signature Blue Superslick Eye Liner
Drive Me Wild Lipstick
Of Royalty Lipstick
What do you cool cats and kittens think of Fabulous Felines? Does it make you want to raise your paws (haaaaay!) or draw your claws?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,