I thought it was April showers that brought May flowers, but yet it rained today. What’s up with that? I was getting a little down about it, too, until I saw the colors in the new bareMinerals Love & Happiness Collection ($35). There they were, like a break in the clouds, these shimmery pastels and brights.
The collection is, more accurately, a kit released to commemorate the company’s 35th birthday (happy b-day, BM!). I’ve played with a few other bareMinerals kits before but was never really moved. In some cases, it just seemed like there was either something missing or off about those colors. These, however, look like a garden party (complete with knee-length dresses, fine china and cucumber sandwiches) in a pretty pink box.
“Did someone say party?!”
The six-piece kit includes eye, lip and cheek products, and a cheesy (but cute!) keepsake charm.
- Prime Time Brightening Sunlight Eyelid primer — This shimmery peach eyelid primer is designed to lock powder shadows in place, but it can also stand alone.
- Queen Phyllis Matte Eyecolor — This light buttercup shadow has a subtle sheen, like MAC Ricepaper in loose powder form.
- Big & Bright Eyeliner in Oz — A smooth, glowy emerald green eyeliner that makes me want to smile with my eyes.
- Love Radiance All-Over Face Color — GORGEOUS! This shimmery apricot pink reminds me of the quieter version of NARS Orgasm I always wanted. It’s flexible, too, as bareMinerals says it’s safe for use on eyes and lips.
- Best Friend Lip Balm — My lips love this sheer raspberry’s shine, especially with a little Love Radiance Powder on top (for extra shine).
- XOX Charm — It’s a little cornball, but I like the sentiment. Yes, please, I’ll have some cheese.
Clockwise from the beige jar on the lower left: Queen Phyllis Matte Eyecolor, XOX Charm, Love Radiance All-Over Face Color, Best Friend Lip Balm and Big & Bright Eyeliner in Oz
Prime Time Brightening Sunlight Eyelid Primer
Love Radiance All-Over Face Color
Queen Phyllis Matte Eyecolor
Best Friend Lip Balm
Big & Bright Eyeliner in Oz
Swatches from the left: Big & Bright Eyeliner in Oz, Best Friend Lip Balm, Love Radiance All-Over Face Color and Queen Phyllis Matte Eyecolor
Swatch of Prime Time Brightening Sunlight Eyelid Primer
As much as I dig the colors, the fact that the eyeshadow and face powder both come in jars is a huge drawback for me. I always, always end up spilling something. If you’re not as clumsy as I am, though, then you just might find both love and happiness with this flattering, feminine kit.
AVAILABILITY: Coming June 3 exclusively to Bare Escentuals Boutiques and online at BareEscentuals.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Shopping makes me tired…
Remind me to come back in my next life as a cat — ideally, a spoiled, gravy-addicted, husky tabby cat. Or, perhaps one of the cute kitties featured in this roundup of 10 Bodega Cats.
I wouldn’t mind shopping and sleeping all day. I mean, how hard could it really be?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,