If I ever make it back to the tropics, Laura Mercier’s Gold Digger collection is coming with me. Set to debut this spring, Laura’s summer collection is all about gold and bronze shimmer and includes two travel-friendly products that caught my eye: Colour Pots and Lip Glace lipglosses. I predict both would go perfectly with a surfer girl tan.
Each Colour Pot houses a cream eyeshadow base, with a coordinating loose powder shadow tucked away beneath it (so very James Bond!). Both products work well separately, but they’re intended to be layered one on top the other for an intense metallic shine.
I prefer to pack lightly when it comes to makeup and travel, so the idea of two products in one handy and compact package moves me. I welcome anything that lightens my load and means a bit more room for souvenirs in my carry-on bag.
Laura Mercier has made three gilded shades available — White Gold, Solid Gold and Bronze Gold.
As if you haven’t noticed, the gold theme continues. I’m excited about picking up all three new Lip Glace shades — Bronze, Gold and Platinum. Lip Glace lipglosses are non-sticky and don’t chap my lips or make them peel.
Here are a few pics, along with details on the rest of the collection.
Lip Glace (Limited Edition), $22
Colors: Bronze (copper bronze), Gold (yellow gold) and Platinum (white gold)
- Plumps and conditions for an enhanced pout
- Perfectly pigmented formula glides on evenly and feels wonderfully soothing and comfortable
- Contains the Laura Mercier Lip Complex to hydrate and protect lips
Colour Pot, $32
Colors: White Gold, Solid Gold, Bronzed Gold
- Lightweight cream formula works perfectly as a shadow base
- Formulas can be worn alone or combined
- Double-decker pot holds a Loose Powder and cream Eye Colour in one convenient case
Nail Lacquer, $15
Colors: 24 Carat, Sterling
- Ultra smooth pigment to enhance your nails
- Long-lasting formula
Bronzing Duo, $32 (new)
Colors: Coral Bronze (golden bronze and peach), Pink Bronze (warm red bronze and deep pink)
- Two shades cover a wide range of skin tones
- Wear each separately or mixed together
- Oil-free, long-wearing formula
Dual Eye Colour Brush (new), $34
- Both sides are perfectly sized and shaped to cover an eyelid in just a few strokes
- Soft, natural fibers on powder end provides the perfect texture for applying a seamless, long-lasting look; ideal for depositing pigment and blending shimmer
- Perfect companion to the Eye Colour Pot
The Laura Mercier site hasn’t made the collection available for sale yet, but I’ll check back in the next few days. Let me know if you see it sooner. Expect Gold Digger to begin appearing at Laura counters this spring.
Everybody and their mama in the beauty blogosphere’s been going a-crazy over Heatherette, um, except me. I haven’t been feeling the cheesy pink packaging. SHOCKING, I know, since I’m usually all about the cheese… and pink. I’m going to swing by the MAC counter after work today to take a closer look. Who knows? I just might go a-crazy too.
SWEET GODS my work project is almost done, and the end is in sight! Keep on keepin’ on, my friends!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,