The Great Pyramid of Giza, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Statue of Zeus at Olympus and now Tarte. Someone wake up Herodotus. It’s time to add one more to his Seven Wonders of the World, and this one’s a QVC exclusive.
Tarte continues to sizzle this spring. Their recently released $53 limited edition 8th World Wonder Kit comes with some Tarte colors you can’t find anywhere else, like Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten.
Hi, Glisten… Pardon me while I wipe this drool off my chin!
In the kit, Glisten joins six other pieces for eyes, lips, face and cheeks, all in a cute purple clutch purse.
Tarte 8th World Wonder Kit ($53)
- Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten — I’m in love with the glow I get from this shimmery peachy pink. Like the other blushes in Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Blush line, Glisten is pigmented, easy to blend and lasts and lasts and lasts.
- PureOptic Lipgloss in Golden — I think this shimmery golden peachy pink kinda sorta resembles MAC Nymphette, except that it’s lighter and doesn’t contain quite as much pigment. I find the minty scent and flavor refreshing, but I’m not crazy about the thick, sticky texture… It feels too heavy on my lips.
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner — Something tells me this rich, shimmery bronze-plum eyeliner will look incredible on brown brown eyes and green eyes. I’ve worn it successfully along my lash line, but when I wore it along my waterlines, my eyes teared up.
- Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Balancing Foundation — Medium, the shade I’ve been testing, seems too light for my skin tone, but I’m still wearing it around the house for fun. With the kit, you can choose the shade of foundation you want.
The feel of this lightweight, fluffy mousse reminds me of Laura Mercier’s Silk Creme Foundation. Like Laura’s creme, it’s pigmented and full coverage, yet it still feels darn near weightless on my skin.
- Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush — Designed to apply liquid foundations, this soft, full brush head produces diffused looks with aplomb.
- Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara — This jet black mascara adds natural-looking length and thickness to lashes.
- Eyeshadow Palette — I didn’t get to try this palette of brown, bronze, purple and pink powder shadows, but here’s what Stef thought about it at We Heart This.
Here are six of the items shown next to my iPhone for scale (the missing product is the eyeshadow palette)
Click here to read my previous posts about Tarte.
Swatches from left: Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Balancing Foundation in Medium, Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten, Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner, PureOptic Lipgloss in Golden Pink and Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
I’m not crazy about PureOptic gloss, but I still think this is a lovely kit. I do wish that Tarte had thrown in a LipSurgence instead.
Even so, I think the kit’s a pretty good deal for $53. The full-size products work out to about $6.60 apiece (including the clutch).
AVAILABILITY: Available now exclusively at QVC.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+ (an A- if they’d swap out the gloss)
Bag pipes rock!
El Hub and I always try to go out on St. Patrick’s Day (he’s a quarter Irish), and last night we stopped by a local Irish pub/restaurant here in Marin called Moylan’s for fish and chips (and pints). While we ate, a band of kilt-wearing bagpipers and drummers rocked the house, and it was awesome! NOTE: I’m adding bagpipes to the very long list of instruments I would someday like to play. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I hope your Friday’s gone well. Do you have any plans for tonight?