Benefit’s two new fall eye palettes aren’t just relying on good looks. They’re also travel-sized and perfect for your purse.
Remember those Annie and Maggie Sunday Funday and Scene Queen kits Benefit released last fall? These two new limited edition Eye Wanna! and Eye Gotta! kits ($36 each) have that same kind of convenience in mind, except this time around, the kits keep everything focused on the eyes.
Each one comes with three Benefit Velvet Eyeshadows and two Creaseless Creams, and all of the colors are new to the line.
If you’re in the mood for cool colors or perhaps a bold look, take a peek at the cool-toned blues, taupes and pinks in the Eye Wanna! kit; if, however, you prefer warmer greens, browns and plums for everyday wear, the Eye Gotta! kit might be more your style.
The Eye Wanna! kit includesâ€¦
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Static — A frosty silvery taupe
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Airbrush — A cool light pink with a sheen finish
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Skyline — A cool cornflower blue with a sheen finish
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Inked — A dark sapphire blue with blacked undertones and a sheen finish
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Deco — A matte plum with a hint of red
The Eye Gotta! kit includesâ€¦
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Flash — A frosty golden peach (kinda like a cream version of MAC Ricepaper)
- Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Foiled — A frosty taupe with a touch of plum
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Spiced — A shimmery, warm golden bronzy brown (really reminds me of Deeper from the new Urban Decay 15-Year Anniversary Palette)
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Purple Haze — A warm plum with tiny flecks of golden glitter
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Canopy — A golden khaki with a subtle sheen (my favorite!)
A couple of the Creaseless Creams have a high-shine, frosty finish that borders on loud, but layering the other shadows on top of ‘em is one way to tone them down.
As for the powder eyeshadows, they’re my favorite things about these kits. Smoother and softer than Marshmallow Fluff. Ah… They practically melt into my skin.
Eye Gotta! kit
Eye Wanna! kit
Eye Gotta! swatches from the left with the flash: Foiled, Flash, Spiced, Purple Haze and Canopy
Eye Wanna! swatches from the left with the flash: Static, Airbrush, Skyline, Inked and Deco
Eye Gotta! swatches without the flash
Eye Wanna! swatches without the flash
Wearing Eye Wanna! on eyes
Benefit always has such stylish packaging, and they gave these girls great outfits, too. So cute! I love the graphic artwork. It’s by a Barcelona-based illustrator named Pietari Posti. I love the look, but I wish the insides weren’t quite as flimsy as they are (the dividers are a light cardboard).
With such wearable, interesting shades packed in such portable, adorable packaging, I think Benefit has two more winners on its hands.
PRICE: $36 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now exclusively at Sephora stores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Aside from these new Benefit kits and a particularly feisty 15 minutes playing with Edward Scissorpaws (yup, guess who got scratched up today), my Tuesday’s been uneventful so far.
I’m just glad it’s warming up again. It was a downright perfect 79 degrees today without a cloud in the sky… I wish we were all playing hooky together somewhere fun.
Watcha up to tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,