Drugstores aren’t always home to great makeup brushes, which is why Sonia Kashuk took so many of us by surprise.
But Sonia’s not the only one making superb yet affordable makeup brushes. Say a warm hello to Eco Tools and their fantabulous 5-Piece Brush Set ($10)!
They’re the softest drugstore brush heads I’ve ever used, even softer than Sonia Kashuk’s. That, coupled with the great price, makes this kit (which includes four travel brushes and a carrying case) a total steal.
From left to right: Eye Shading, Concealer, Powder/Blush and Baby Kabuki brushes
Made from the synthetic fiber, Taklon, Eco Tools brush heads feel both silky AND soft, LOL! — like my favorite fussy tabby’s fur (meow!).
The kit goes on sale next month and comes with the following:
- Baby kabuki brush: While not as dense as my MAC 182 Buffer Brush, this lil’ baby applies powder with aplomb. The small brush head really gets into the nooks and crannies around my nose.
- Powder/blush brush: You can use this brush to apply mineral foundation or face powder. I like to use it as a blush brush (both powder and cream), because the head fits precisely onto the apples of my cheeks.
- Concealer brush: I like the precision of very thin concealer brush heads. This head’s a little too big for my taste, but it still works like a charm, applying Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows like a pro.
- Eye Shading Brush: A tapered brush great for simple washes of color over the entire lid, for crease work and for blending.
- Cosmetic Bag: Cute and tiny, this cotton and hemp bag carries all four of the kit’s brushes with room to spare.
Eco Tools wants to go green. Their brush heads aren’t made from animal furs, and their brush handles which fit nicely in the palm on my hand (I wish they were longer, though, sigh), are made from sustainable bamboo and recycled aluminum.
Eco Tools 5-Piece Brush Set
Use: A fantastic, yet affordable travel brush kit
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A
On tonight: The City
A new ep of The City premieres tonight, and I’ve already got my Tivo fired up!
I’m gonna keep count of how many times I roll my eyes at Oliva (she’s so pretentious!).
What do you think of Whitney’s boy toy, Jay? Gotta love the accent, but I think he’d be cuter if he shaved off that beard…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,