Expect a downpour at Dior this spring when the new Montaigne Collection comes to town, but you won’t need your umbrella for this storm. That’s because it’ll be pouring pearls when the 13-piece release for eyes, lips, cheeks and drips on Dior counters, in Dior stores and at Sephora in the next few weeks.
Named after the Paris address where the first Dior boutique opened back in 1946, the palette of pearly grays and baby pinks suggests spring soirees in the City of Lights, and to these soirees you’re wearing pearls. It’s a soft, sophisticated, natural look, and passersby won’t be able to miss your subtly shimmering glow.
To my eye, the Soft Pink Design Quint ($58), one of two for eyes in the release, characterizes the collection’s vibe with its nuanced pinks and grays. It comes with (almost) everything a girl would need to live the eye portion of the look — an eyeshadow base, a liner, two shimmer shadows and one glitter shadow. The only thing missing: mascara.
Below are pics and swatches showing the colors on NC35 and NW20 skin. Take a look, and let me know what ya think. 🙂
Swatches from left on NC35 skin with flash: Shadow, Shine, Colour, Base and Liner
Swatches without flash
Swatches on NW20 skin with flash
Swatches without flash
The entire Dior Montaigne collection includes
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Gris-Gris #034; $58
- Dior 5-Colour Designer Eyeshadow in Soft Pink Design #018; $58 (not at Sephora)
- Dior Crayon Eyeliner Smoky Grey #077; $28
- Rouge Dior Lipcolour in Spring Pink #540; $30 (not at Sephora)
- Rouge Dior Lipcolour in Chic Pink #658; $30 (not at Sephora)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Pink Coral Serum #240; $32 (not at Sephora)
- Dior Serum de Rouge in Pinky Mauve Serum #460; $32 (not at Sephora)
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Pink Veil #654; $26.50
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Trianon Silver #707; $26.50 (Sephora Exclusive)
- Dior Vernis in Gris Montaigne #707; $21
- Dior Vernis in Pink Boa #349; $21 (not at Sephora)
It’s funny how there’s a season for everything, and I guess this one’s (spring) all about pearls. Luckily, I like pearls. 🙂
From what you’ve seen so far, which pearly spring release is exciting you more, Montaigne or Les Perles de Chanel?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,