Deep thoughts I have in the shower while using the new Caress Sheer Twilight Fine Fragrance Elixir Body Wash in Black Orchid and Juniper Oil…
- Who would win in a fight between Twilight’s Vampire Edward and True Blood’s Vampire Bill? How about the same fight between Vampire Edward and Vampire Eric?
- What if Vampire Bill fought Angel from Buffy?
- Would the Cullen family, self-professed “vegetarian vampires,” drink True Blood? And if so, would they buy it in cases from Costco?
- Is it possible for vampires to turn their pets, and if so, should they? If I had to live for eternity as a member of the undead, I’m sorry, Tabs, you’re coming with me.
- If you’re human and the sight of blood makes you queasy, does that queasiness carry over if you’re turned?
- Would Vampire Eric use this new Caress body wash (in the shower, naked)? How would he feel about warm, cozy scents?
LOL! All it takes is the word “twilight” on the bottle to get me thinking about hot vampire dudes… I wonder if that’s what Caress wanted when they chose the product’s name.
As far as affordable drugstore shower gels go (THREE BUCKS!), this one’s not half bad. It uses something Caress calls their “silky fragrance infusion,” which for me basically translates into the scent lasting and lingering on my skin long after I step out of the shower. Officially, the fragrance is described as black orchid and juniper oil, but it reminds my nose of Pottery Barn potpourri.
It’s not the kind of scent I’m usually drawn to — I tend to prefer fresher, brighter, more citrusy florals or scents with watery notes — but I like the execution here. I can see gals who love spicy, cozy fragrances and scents like warm amber and vanilla liking it, too.
It doesn’t take a lot of product to get a big, foamy lather going, which is great, so I bet a bottle would last months. It also rinses clean away rather easily without drying out my skin.
PRICE: $3 for a 12-oz. bottle
AVAILABILITY: Available now at drugstores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,