In less time than it takes to open a can of gravy for Tabs, or buy roundtrip tickets to Paris, or try on a pair of Jimmy Choos, or buy the entire Chanel Fall 2013 makeup collection on chanel.com, you can also find out if Chanel’s new 76 Gourmandise Rouge Coco Shine is right for you.
Ready for a 2-minute review?
WHAT IT IS: A shiny, peachy pink limited edition lippie from Chanel’s Les DÃ©lices de Chanel collection, Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in 76 Gourmandise ($32.50) lives to soften, hydrate and plump lips for a fuller, healthier appearance.
WHAT IT DOES:
- Rose flavor and scent (yum)
- Packed with tiny flecks of silver glitter (cute)
- Very, very sheer on my pigmented lips (almost like wearing a balm), but I can see this still being a flattering “my lips but better” color for gals with lips lighter and more pink than mine
- Extremely hydrating
- Smooth, non-sticky, lightweight and comfy
- Can’t really tell if it makes my lips look plumper, but it’s not one of those plumpers that tingles or stings
- 1-hour wear time
“The next chapter in the brilliant ROUGE COCO SHINE story: ROUGE COCO SHINE Hydrating Colour Lipshine, an innovative formula with intensified pigments to take colour and sheen to a new level of vibrancy. Sheer, shiny, colour-rich shades are effortlessly chic, infinitely wearable. Hydratendre Complex softens and plumps lips for a healthier, fuller appearance.”
THE VERDICT: Highly moisturizing, and the bits of glitter give it a little something extra, but unless you’re a die-hard Chanel fan, Gourmandise may seem like little more than a fancy, expensive lip balm. You can probably find something similar for less than $32.50 (but it wouldn’t be Chanel).
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, and available now at select Chanel counters and chanel.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,