Assuming Tabs the naughty ninja kitty doesn’t knock the tree over again, my Christmas is going to have some major competition — and not from the glittering, diamond-encrusted Beyonce-themed ornaments (I WISH). Chanel’s holiday collection is officially in the house, and it’s ready to glimmer and glisten, big time, on lids and lashes.
From what I’ve seen of the collection so far, it’s a full-on glitter parade, especially on eyes. I mean, it’s so glittery that I’m pretty sure that if holiday tinsel could talk, it would yell “BISH STOLE MY LOOK!” at the top of its lungs.
Hey, I’m not complaining! I love me some glitter. I just wish it showed up more readily in these pics. In all of the shots I took today, the glitter appears much more subdued than it does in real life.
I tried, le sigh.
It’s too bad that it’s so hard to get security clearance here at Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC, because I would love to see your eyes twinkle when you saw how these eyeshadows, mascara and liner radiate in person.
I guess we’ll have to just settle for the next best thing, which is you and me hanging out on opposite ends of the keyboard.
Ready to get to it? Glitter in three, two, one…
Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Initiation ($36)
- A sheer, glittery platinum bronze
- One of two Illusion D’Ombre cream eyeshadows in the collection
- Can wear alone or as a base for other shadows
- Soft, bouncy texture
- Apply with fingers or a brush
- I apply with a flat eyeshadow brush (easier for me to control the product).
- Non-creasing, long wearing
- This particular pot might be old since it seems to have dried up (the shadow should touch the edges of the jar)
- Experienced some fallout because of the glitter, but it’s not crazy.
- Camera has a hard time picking up the sparkle; appears much more glittery in real life
- Prefer this one over the second shade, Fatal, because it’s easier to wear on warm skin
- Love the color, love the sparkle, wish it didn’t exhibit fallout (shouldn’t for the price)
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fatal ($36)
- A shimmery, silvery purple with red undertones
- Second cream shadow from the collection
- Reddish purples make me look like I’ve been crying, so I have a hard time pulling this off
- Not as glittery as Initiation, but still very shimmery (borders on a frost)
- Texture’s slightly smoother, more bouncy
- Easier to apply and blend
- No fallout
- Loved the texture and application, not so crazy about the color
- Better for cool-toned gals/guys who can carry purplish reds well
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Mascara Gel Irise Sparkling Mascara Topcoat in Bronze Platine ($30)
- A glittery platinum bronze mascara
- Wear it on bare lashes or atop black mascara
- Can actually see the glitter, YAY!
- Glitter more obvious when worn on bare lashes (go figure!)
- Really easy to over apply, so dilute excess from brush first, otherwise lashes get heavy
- Straightens curled lashes after application
- If you wear it with a black mascara, you might want to use one that holds the curl well
- Easy to remove
- Doesn’t irritate my eyes
- Haven’t really seen anything like this before; it’s neat
- A super fun extra
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
Ligne Graphique de Chanel Liquid Eyeliner in Bronze ($34)
- A liquid khaki bronze liner with a shimmery finish
- Takes several layers to build up, and then starts to look bumpy
- Not easy to do a sharp line edges with the brush
- Very similar to Urban Decay’s Smog
- Love me some Chanel, but in this case I prefer Smog; it’s cheaper, waterproof, and draws crisper lines
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: C
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,