Leave it to makeup artist Carmindy (of TLC’s What Not To Wear) to make smokey eyes even easier than flipping your hair (well, almost).
Her new Perfect Smoky Eyes Kit ($23, part of the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy line) comes with three coordinating eye products perfect for creating understated, elegant, just plain pretty smokey eyes.
What ya get
- Eye Shadow Palette in Storm: Three shimmery shades in gray, taupe and beige
- Lift & Define Mascara in Jet Black: A lengthening, glossy black
- Always Perfect Liquid Eye Liner in Black Onyx: A sheer liquid liner
Swatches from left to right: shimmery gray eyeshadow, shimmery taupe eyeshadow, shimmery beige eyeshadow, liquid liner, mascara
The step-by-step directions on the back are easy to follow, too, and it took me less than five minutes to bang out this look. Big ups for making my makeup life easier, Carmindy!
A few things…
- The Storm Eyeshadow Palette takes top honors as my favorite of the bunch. The shadows feel buttery and exceptionally smooth, making them a cinch to blend.
- Always Perfect Liquid Eye Liner applies a little sheerer than I’d like. I think it works fine as an eyeshadow base, but it’s kinda watery and challenging to layer and smudge. I may stick with LORAC Front of the Line Pro when I want super crisp, dark black cat eye lines.
- Lift & Define Mascara produces lovely long, yet natural lashes, but I like more BAM! It might benefit from a layer of a thickening mascara applied first.
With the kit this look was really easy to do. I think it’ll make a great gift for a BFF who shall remain nameless. She’s not really a hard core makeup girl, but she’s shown an interest in smokey eyes.
NOTE: Right now the kit’s a little hard to find online, but check your nearby drugstores for availability. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+
Yikes! Every day that passes reminds me that I need to start thinking about the holidays. Have you done much shopping yet?
Whatcha got going on tonight? It seems like a lot of you gals are busy studying for finals (good luck!). As much as I miss being a student, I sure don’t miss the tests!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,