15 Things I learned today about Bobbi Brown’s Smokey Eye Mascara and life in general
- Today is a new day.
- The world is not falling apart. It only felt like that for a little while.
- It helps to set a timer when you write. Ten minutes is a good starting point. More than that, and you’re apt to spew a lot of crazy talk.
- When it comes to busting through writer’s block, don’t think too much. Avoid the urge to self-edit. Just dictate the words as you hear them in your head.
- It helps to read about writer’s block when you have it (go figure).
- The constant sound of construction in my neighborhood (it seems like all of my neighbors are doing work on their homes right now) is surely contributing to my agitation.
- It almost always helps to make lists.
- Playlists are also pretty cool.
- It also helps to straighten your hair (seriously), and flat irons are great.
- Also, random thoughts like, I wonder if I would ever date a man who used a flat iron (I’m guessing probably not).
- I wonder if I would ever date a man who regularly borrowed my mascara. Hmm… Perhaps.
- I’ve been wearing this new Bobbi Brown mascara for about a week.
- It’s (Bobbi’s Smokey Eye Mascara) really dark, like jet black (the pigment contains kohl), and I like how it makes my lashes look long and stretched out, but if you use a lash curler to curl your lashes beforehand, the formula will straighten them out. Quickly. In less than 10 minutes.
It also doesn’t flake, smudge or clump, which is cool.
Bobbi’s website says the formula will give you dramatic lashes, and I guess if you haven’t reached drag-queen-in-training status yet like I have (girl, you know it’s true!), it’s pretty dramatic.
I love the length, but I find myself wanting more of everything else. More volume, better curl hold and more badabing-badabang.
All told, yeah, I think it’s a’ight.
- Even with writer’s block, it’s important to remember that things could be worse. I could be covering town council meetings or high school bowling tournaments, where I would probably not be able to use phrases like “bling-tastic” and “drag-queen-in-training” as often.
- It always helps to hear someone say, “Everything is going to be alright.” 🙂
A little light reading…
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Bobbi Brown counters and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,