There’s no known cure. That’s what we know so far.
The CDC confirms that the rate of infection has climbed recently, as it usually does this time of year.
The clinical term is labium lignum unum labium adjectio, but it’s commonly known as BLL, or Bold Lip Lust, and it’s spreading like wildfire, especially among members of the makeup community.
People at highest risk of infection often 1) spend too much time at Sephora under the guise of “research” or 2) have been exposed to LORAC’s Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Sheer Luxe ($22, and part of LORAC’s permanent line).
Spreadable without a lip liner or lip brush, symptoms of this moisturizing burgundy wine include…
- A glossy finish
- Hydrated, full lips (due to the presence of hyaluronic acid)
- Smooth, nourished lips (due to the presence of jojoba and sweet almond oils)
Authorities advise people to risk exposure. 🙂
A layer applied with the stubby brush applicator, which is similar to the brush that comes with the NARS Larger Than Life Lipglosses, instantly glamorizes smokey or cat eyes, but I think it’s also gorgeous with bare lids and massive mascara.
LORAC Couture Shine in Sheer Luxe
- One of nine shades in LORAC’s permanent Couture Shine line
- Feels a lot like a non-sticky, medium-weight gloss and reminds me of a thicker version of the MAC Cremesheens
- Semi-transparent coverage
- Has a faint brown sugar flavor and scent that, thankfully, doesn’t taste synthetic or cloying
- Lasts 4-5 hours
PRICE: $22 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora stores, Ulta and ulta.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,