Good news, you gorgeous golden jungle cat. You won’t have to prowl much further for a meow-worthy makeup collection (or a purse, for that matter) to go with that post-Memorial Day tan.
Part-time shimmery seductress, full-time toasty temptress, LORAC’s Wild for TANtalizer Collection ($39) roars on to cheeks, lips and eyes with shimmery eyeshadows, bronzer and lipstick in warm shades of bronze, beige, brown, gold and peach.
And after a successful hunt, the pieces in this pride of LORAC lionesses retreat to the safety of their very own canvas-like carrying case. The purse comes with the collection and holds everything a big cat needs — makeup, iPhone, perfume, hand/paw lotion. Ya know, the usual.
In case you’re wondering, the striped pattern on the pan of Wild for TANtalizer Bronzing Powder is an overspray…
Swatches from the left: Wild for TANTtalizer eye Shadow in Fierce, Tigris, Panthera and Saber; Wild for TANTtalizer Bronzing Powder, and TANTtalizer Lips With Benefits in Raoul
Getting to know the $39 LORAC Wild for TANtalizer Collection…
- I hope you’re in the mood to shimmer, because everything here does it. The collection, which is more a kit, since everything comes together, seriously shimmers, so there’s not a lot of variety in terms of finish
- Fallout hasn’t been an issue for the eyeshadows, which is nice, and I find them easy to apply and blend
- I recommend using a light touch to apply these products, as I’ve noticed that when I go a little too far, they highlight my fine lines and wrinkles
- The peachy golden bronzer also doubles as a blush (score one for flexibility!)
- Oh, as a side, Raoul and I are in love… Yup, Raoul is the lipgloss. He looks fantastic as a peachy bronze in the nude, LOL!
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora and sephora.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
Coming soon from MAC: Beth Ditto and Casual Color
Wait — what? New collections already? Didn’t Hey, Sailor! just arrive in port?
Actually, yes. But you know MAC. They like to keep us on our toes.
I think Beth Ditto looks like fun! Very pop art, and how can you not love polka dots? The 24-piece collection for eyes, lips, nails and face features a brand-spanking new line of products called the Shade & Smoke Shadow/Liners ($22 each), four dual-tipped pencils with an Eye Shadow on one end and a Greasepaint Liner on the other.
Should be perfect for smokey eyes.
Literally. That’s the name of one of the five Pro Longwear Lipcremes in the release…BOOYAH!! Written like that in all caps with two exclamation marks.
Beep-beep-beep! Pardon me, but I think I hear the ’90s calling me on my pager, haha.
The second launch, a 17-piece release called Casual Colour, seems like my kind of collection, casual weekend colors for eyes, lips, cheeks and nails. For starters, I love the tagline, “Stilettos, Off! Hair, Down!” But I would have added one more thing (“Stretchy Pants, On!”).
The collection also introduces the Lip and Cheek Colour Pots ($20 each), another new product for MAC.
I’m sensing a potentially good multitasker… I sure hope the eight shades deliver.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,