For New Year’s I resolved to get back into shape, so yesterday I headed to the gym at the booty crack of dawn.
I figured a workout sesh would help me accomplish two valuable things: 1) I could burn off the obscene amount of mint chocolate chip ice cream I ate the night before, and 2) I could road test L’oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner ($9).
L’oreal claims that Gentle Lip Conditioner is “96% of natural origin.” Like you, I’m not entirely sure what that’s supposed to mean (what’s the remaining 4%?), but the product does contain sweet almond oil and vitamin E, and I do know what both of those are, LOL!
It comes in 10 sheer (read: subtle) shades, taste- and fragrance-free, each designed to soften and moisturize lips. I tried Sheer Peach, a nearly transparent, shimmery peach.
I was running late for spinning class, so I slathered on Sheer Peach while going from my car to the gym in the parking lot.
Right away the texture reminded me of Philosophy Kiss Me Lip Balm. It’s a little thinner than MAC lipglass and non-sticky, as well.
At the gym I huffed, puffed and sweated like Whitney Houston circa the Bobby Brown years, and I could feel Gentle Lip Conditioner workin’ its magic on my lips the entire time.
I can usually tell the good from the bad lip conditioners by how my lips feel a few hours after putting one on. In Bare Naturale’s case, my lips felt great — soft and flake-free.
L’oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner
Use: To soften and moisturize dry, flaky lips (gym approved!)
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A
I’m keeping a tube in my gym bag, fo’ sho!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,