Well, it’s official. Spring has sprung! 🙂
It’s the start of a new season, ladies, so what does that mean for my makeup?
LOL, not a lot! I have to confess: I don’t adhere to guidelines for seasonal colors and trends. Sometimes I’ll wear a heavy foundation, dark shadow and murky lip color in the middle of spring or summer. It just depends on how I feel.
But that’s not to say I don’t take seasonal makeup guidelines under advisement. It all just adds to the fun!
10 simple spring makeup tips and trends
- Spring makeup means simple and clean with hints of color. Instead of heavier purples and precious metals, reach for more neutral shades.
- While purples and plums dominated the winter, have fun with feminine and flirty lilac shadow applied on the lower lid and into the crease.
- Try a baby-soft rosy pink cheek blush with a pop of shimmer on top for a healthy, youthful glow.
- Make the most of the changing light. Apply a light dusting of a natural brown (instead of an orange) bronzer where the sun hits the face on the cheek bones, the bridge of the nose and on your forehead and chin.
- Spring eyes are usually (but not always) light, and we see a lot of lighter, neutral shadows with sparkle like copper, gold or champagne.
- Add a touch of extra shine to the inner corners of your eyes with a shimmery white cream or powder to make them POP!
- Lip colors either lighten up for daytime in spring, with lots of glossy pink and salmon, or they go bright with berries to balance lighter eyes and cheeks.
- Have fun with something bright and warm on your nails like fuchsia, magenta or bubble gum pink!
- Brown eyeshadow never goes out of style, but at Fashion Week we also saw it used a lot as a liner for a softer overall look, especially along the lower lash line.
- Try a colorful smokey eye using springy blues or greens. Pale-skinned beauties might go sheer, while tanned lovelies can go deeper.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,