For many moons, I have struggled to become one with the purple eyeshadow (hello, Barney), and, apparently, I’m a glutton for punishment because this morning I thought I’d give it another try.
I work at the literary agency today, and I didn’t want to look like a purple drag queen, so I decided on a light purple eye with blue accents using a few colors from the MAC Naughty Nauticals collection.
I used two layers for the eyes.
The first eye layer…
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer on the entire lid (layered beneath everything else)
- MAC Nice Vice Paint pot in the crease (layered on top of Shadow Insurance)
- MAC Pearl Cream Color Base on the lid
The second eye layer…
- MAC Rice Paper Eye Shadow on the browbone and lid
- MAC Illegal Cargo Eye Shadow in the crease
- MAC Meet the Fleet Eye Shadow in the outer V
- Lancome Noir Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner on the upper water line
- Lola Lagoon Socialeyes Gel Eye Color on the lower water line
- MAC Bell-Bottom Blue Pigment on the lower lash line