Hey, hey, girlies! Can you believe August is almost over?
For some of you, that means heading back to school. In the comments on a previous post, reader Abigail said she was looking for a new look for school and wanted to use purple. I’m a big fan of purple and reached for Top Hat, a shimmery purple shade from MAC’s recent Starflash release, for this face of the day.
Abigail, I hope it gives you some ideas. 🙂
Back in school, I struggled to get to class on time. I was that girl always chasing down the bus. “Wait! Wait for me!”
I shot for quick and easy with this purple and gold look to help other students who suffer from the same affliction.
To complement the eyes, I went with plum cheeks and lips. I used MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Secret Blush on my cheeks and MAC Star Nova Lustreglass on the lips.
Eye Products I Used
Benefit Birthday Suit Creaseless Cream Shadow
MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow
MAC Top Hat Eye Shadow
MAC Graphblack Technakohl LIner
MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl
MAC Prep + Primer Lash
MAC Zoomblack Zoomlash Mascara
Step by Step
1. First, I covered the entire eye with a layer of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit.
2. Then, I dusted MAC Woodwinked eye shadow into the crease.
3. I swept MAC Top Hat Eye Shadow onto the lid area, just barely into the crease and along the lower lash line to softly define the eye.
4. When I’m in a hurry (late for work, yo!), I don’t always have the time or patience for eyeliner along my upper and lower lash lines. Sometimes, I’ll apply liner to both water lines and leave it at that. I think it’s tougher to spot uneven lines on the water lines because of their location. They’re partially obscured when the eyes are closed. Uneven lash lines, on the other hand, really stand out. For the upper water line, I applied Graphblack Technakohl Liner.
5. Next, I added Powersurge Eye Kohl on the lower water line.
6. To finish up, I curled my lashes, applied two coats of MAC Prep + Prime Lash lash primer, followed by two layers of MAC Zoomlash mascara.
Finito! Time to hit the books!