Using the New MBB Galleries, Categories and Brands to Find Posts in the Archives

Published in: Just For Fun, News

Makeup and Beauty BlogIt’s been about two weeks since the blog brought home its new outfit, and things behind the scenes are moving right along (iPhone and Android users, the mobile version should now be working).

Here’s a quick screencast showing some of the new features. I hope you like how things turned out. :) Thanks for all of your great feedback so far.

Slowly but surely, I’m filling out the Brands dropdown menu with posts from the archives. Because it was something we never had before, Tabs and I (haha, okay just me) have been editing each of the 7,200 posts and clicking little checkboxes next to the brands they correspond to. That way, the posts appear when we click the corresponding brand names in the new dropdown menu.

As for the new Galleries (my favorite new feature), it’s thumbnails, thumbnails everywhere! I think the new galleries are fun, look pretty cool, and they’re a good way to discover posts you may have missed back when they were originally published (the MAC gallery goes aaaaaaall the way back to 2007). They’re also a great way to get to know me and Makeup and Beauty Blog if you’re a new visitor.

Thank you as always for visiting. Have fun, click around, make yourself at home, and I’ll see you soon in the comments. :)

Finding your way around Makeup and Beauty Blog…

Learning about Makeup and Beauty Blog

The Makeup and Beauty Blog Galleries

The Makeup and Beauty Blog Galleries

The Makeup and Beauty Blog Galleries

The topics and categories on Makeup and Beauty Blog

The brands drop-down and searching on Makeup and Beauty Blog

Social media and Makeup and Beauty Blog

So far, 25 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. This is great, thanks Karen!
    Kiss & Make-up recently posted … Beauty spotlight: cooling care for sizzling hotties

2. Jennifer says:

I do love the new site… particularly the cat at the bottom!

3. Arianne says:

Wow, I didn’t even realize these galleries existed! They are fancy! Kudos to you and your web designer/developer. :)

Such a nifty blog you have, KDawg!

5. Jae says:

Very cool, Karen! Love the new set up!! =)

6. Katherine G says:

Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this site! It looks really great, and I enjoy looking through old posts as well. I hope you are having a great day! We’ve got some beautiful weather here in MD.

Thanks for this nice comment, Katherine! I’m having a good Tuesday so far. Didn’t get enough sleep last night, but what else is new. At least the sun is shining, right?

What’s on your agenda for today?

• Katherine G says:

I ended up going for a run with the fiance and my neighbor/friend (2.3 miles at about an 8:45 pace), power lifting, and then getting some fall flowers for the flower bed at our townhouse (mums in orange and yellow). It was a great day! I hope you get some sleep tonight, I hear ya on not getting enough sleep sometimes!

7. Kim says:

Nice job, as always! :) I love how you took the time to walk everyone through the options, too. It’s great!

But, “pre-Tabs”? Perish the thought. :)

Thanks, Kim! :)

El Hub and I were talking the other day about how we can’t remember how life was without Tabs. We had been together for 5 years before he came along, and now I can’t even imagine life without our kitty dictator, LOL!

8. Karen, I’m a long time follower of your site (I feel like we are friends, you just don’t know it yet). I LOVED your old layout, and I LOVE this one even more! It’s gorgeous! Great work!
    Kayla @ Peace Love and Glitter recently posted … My Current Skincare Routine

9. Rads says:

I still miss your old layout..maybe because I was sooo used to that..but this new MBB layout is just AMAZING! And you have put in so much thought and work into it. The galleries are my favorite feature…no wait..correction..the favorite has to be the cat :D

10. Vanessa says:

“Pre-Tabs”???

omg, it didn’t even cross my mind that such a time could exist.

The thought crossed my mind that I should try to find the exact post where he is introduced hehe

11. Tay says:

Ridiculously well put together…just awesome!

12. Vanessa says:

Did u build this yourself or did u hire a freelancer?

13. Paris B says:

This is a stellar job, Karen! Very well done and very sleek. I love how its all come together :D
    Paris B recently posted … Dior reinvents the notion of a nude lip with the new Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush lipsticks

14. Alice says:

I LOOOOVE this new outfit!!! And the improved search is just perfect, it’s going to be so useful!!! Thank you for all the hard work!

15. Millie says:

no more link to random posts? :( i loved that! it’s like a daily surprise what i get to read on your blog!

16. Karen says:

Hi, Millie. The link to random posts still works, and I’ll add it back to images in the header and widgets in the sidebar from time to time.

Meanwhile, here’s a direct link to it: Random Beauty, Babe!