Thoughts and Prayers for the People of Japan

I’m sure you’ve already heard about the terrible earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan today. For everyone affected by the quake or the tsunamis that followed, no matter where you are in the world, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

So far, 23 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

same here. i hope all is well. prayers move mountains. :)

2. jen says:

Same here. My little brother is in Itabashi and the whole subway system was shut down. I couldn’t sleep till I heard from the family late last night to make sure that he is ok.
    jen recently posted … Personalized Happily Ever After Giraffes Print

3. Kim says:

That’s terrible. Thank you for posting; I hadn’t heard yet. Same here, on the thoughts and prayers.

4. Tracy says:

Same here. My heart goes out to all affected.
    Tracy recently posted … NipFabs LipNip Fix Is A Miracle Fix!

5. Camikatze says:

Me as well. My cousin is working in Japan, thanks god she is healthy. My thoughts and prayers are with Japan too.
    Camikatze recently posted … Chanel – Le Vernis Nail Colour Graphite

6. Debleena says:

Yes, let us all pray for them!!
    Debleena recently posted … Zara has an Interesting Shoe Collection

7. i was so shocked when i heard about it around 1am this morning.

let’s also pray for any areas/countries that will be affected by the tsunamis. i heard Hawaii was hit pretty bad and my native country, the Philippines, is supposed to be hit as well.

i’m especially worried for the developing countries who don’t have the same resources. it will be harder for them to evacuate and such :(…
    dani@callitbeauty recently posted … Collection Spotlight- Monique Lhuillier – Resort 2011

8. Tavi says:

Karen,
    You had mentioned before you have family in Hawaii, are they ok?

9. Lucie says:

Good luck to everyone in the affected areas. You’re in our thoughts. Sending good energies. :(

10. Vijaya says:

When I first heard about this in the middle of the night I cried. Like… I just sat there and bawled. I’m not sure I know what else to say because I’m not very good with words in emotional situations.
    Vijaya recently posted … Urban Decays Naked Palette

11. lexi says:

Agreed – in times of natural disasters all we can do is rally together and keep them in our thoughts and prayers!
    lexi recently posted … LOTD – 3-11-11

12. gio says:

That’s terrible! My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.
    gio recently posted … Looks- Forever Young Naturally

13. Katrina says:

Such horrible news to wake up to. I’m adding my thoughts and prayers as well!

14. Adria says:

Absolutely, Karen! May they recover as quickly as possible. But in all honesty, the people of Japan have a lot of experience in earthquakes and tsunamis. They are pros at this.

Let’s hope the death toll stays low, and that that nuclear reactor causes no further damage.

15. Paige says:

This is a terrible news to hear. Not only they had to dealt with earthquakes, but the tsunami and the potential for radiation leaks made this event even worse. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this earthquakes.

16. Whitney says:

Just saw on the news in Oz that San Francisco is expecting some waves too!
    Love and prayers for all that have been affected.
    Is it just me or do things in the world seem a little apocalyptic? I live in one of the towns in Oz that was hit with floods in January (along with cyclones) So far this year we’ve already seen Earthquakes in China, Argentina,Chile, New Zealand and Japan and now a Tsunami!
    I think Mother Nature is trying to tell us something

17. iceempress says:

Hi Karen, glad your loved ones are okay. Sending prayers to Japan. Hug your loved ones extra tight.

18. kana says:

It definitely sucks. We havent heard from any of our family out there yet. My aunt lives in Chiba and grandparents are iin Shizouka. I’m keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen, I’m glad to hear your family is doing okay in Hawaii. I frantically spammed text messages to my cousin a little too late last night, lol. I felt kind of insane once she calmly told me theyre fine…. Which was really relieving.

19. Rozae says:

I was just about to go to sleep and my mom said there has been an earthquake in Japan, I had a real hard time going to sleep. While I rest my head to sweet sleep, halfway across the world people do not have a home to sleep in. My all is broken hearted,

20. Sarah (MakeupArtist) says:

You know, it’s yet another reminder how unpredictable (and short) life can be. In the eyes of mother nature, illness and accidents, regardless of who we are or what we are, we’re all the same.

It’s so important to remember to live life to the fullest, put aside hate, forget pride now and then cos we all need one and other. My heart goes out to people of Japan; may they get some normality back in their lives as soon as possible.

21. inaya says:

i actually was under the misconception that you lived in Hawaii, or very close to it. when the news of Hawaii being in the danger zone hit, i prayed a quick prayer for you tabs and el hub :)

22. Junno says:

Hello. I always look forward to your blog.
    I’m Japanese , and live in Tokyo. I was very frightened of the 11th earthquake. My friend has lived in Miyagi Prefecture. I can not contact her yet. I am sincerely hope that she is safe.