Afternoon, Saturday surfer. How’s the water?
(dips toe in to check)
OOH! It’s perfect. I have enough time to catch a couple waves, but them I’m off to the mall to do some window shopping. I’m in SUCH a mall mood right now.
In other news, I re-watched the last Project Runway again, and you know what? That Michael C. is a class act. The way he treated Mondo after being treated poorly himself — that’s class. He may not be the world’s greatest tailor, but I like his design aesthetic and how well he works with others.
Random Bright Spots
- Can you guess the Japanese beauty invention? — Bellasugar
- FUN BLOG! This gal’s done a new nail polish color and/or design every single day for a year (and some of them are really cool!) — The Daily Nail
- Mad Men fans, get ready to LOL! (thanks, @joeyglowybunny) — Sad Don Draper
- RAD or BAD: What do you make of these unusual lipstick colors? — Refinery 29
- Haha! I read quite a few of these books in school; some of these one-minute summaries are spot on (and hella funny!) — Book-a-Minute Classics
- Mrrow! All aboard the cat lady train with these 5 ways to wear leopard print — College Fashion
- I was shopping for new over-the-shoulder-bolder-holders when I came across these 5 bra-sizing myths — Knickers
- How to forge habits that stick — Freestyle Mind
- Is your hometown on the list of the top 10 best cities for bloggers? — Simply Optimal
- Seriously? J. Crew’s selling $1,000 ponchos? — Styleite
New in Beauty
- Please hand me a napkin so I can wipe the drool from my chin. These Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palettes ($84) look GORGE!
- The Benefit Her Name Was Glowla kit ($36) comes with some tried-and-true Benefit goodies like Coralista (one of my faves)
- Be a vision to behold this fall with the five vibrant liners in the Make Up For Ever Rock For Ever Aqua Eyes Kit ($36)
- Sounds almost good enough to eat: these Tocca Bagno Profumato bath gels ($19 each) gently clean and hydrate with olive oil, calendula flower extract and honey
- Benefit has four new Creaseless Cream Shadow shades ($19 each), WOOT!
- Bobbi Brown’s Beauty Rules Palette ($45) looks fun!
- Clarins claims their new Rouge Prodige lipsticks ($24) last and last and last (while delivering moisturizing color and shine)
- Define those cheekbones, girl, with the Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit ($45)
- OOH! I can’t wait to sniff Philosophy Be Somebody Water Lily Shower Gel ($16)
Ever wonder what would happen if you unleashed 100 cats on Ikea?
I whip mah hair back and forth, I whip mah hair back and forth!
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,