What’s shakin’, turkey bacon? Are you up for a little surfing today? Tabs is napping, but I’m sufficiently caffeinated and ready to roll, WHEEEE!
Random Bright Spots
- A new Q&A with makeup artist Carmindy — Temptalia
- Do Chanel’s Summer 2010 polishes live up to the hype? — All Lacquered Up
- Confused about luminizer? Here’s how (and why) they’re worth a try — Bella Sugar
- Would your dude wear these BB Couture nail polishes? — Vampy Varnish
- Twitter helps you choose your own adventure! — Jonah Peretti
- What really goes down at a Benefit Power Primer Party — The Secret Life of a Benefit Gal
- 4 stylish spring jackets and how to wear them — College Fashion
- Lina swatches a few of Dolce & Gabbana’s Spring Makeup colors — The Beauty Look Book
- An orange NARS Multiple? I’m all over that — Sugar Social
- Have you heard of BlackBeach nail polish? — We Heart This
- I dig the packaging for Lipstick Queen (sucker for large typography) — Face Candy
New in Beauty
- YAY! Nordie’s finally has the Addicted to Dior Luggage Tags ($60) online
- Um… The Smoothing Lacquer Lip Polish ($30) has a “spinning applicator” that’s supposed to mimic how a makeup artist works
- I think might have to pick up Murad’s Acne & Wrinkle Reducer ($58)
- Bliss says their Pore-fector Gaget Kit ($185) is the next best thing to an at-home esthetician
- LOVE the bottle for Viktor & Rolf’s limited-edition Flowerbomb La Vie En Rose ($80)
- Cake’s Satin Sugar Powder ($16) refreshes your hair AND your bod
- Yves Saint Laurent reformulated their Dessin du Regard Eye Pencils ($28) by adding richer pigments
- Aerie, an American Eagle brand, just launched a line of makeup for eyes and lips called Aerie Color ($8-15)
- Buy $50 in LORAC online and get a complimentary Mini Mocktail Set of six glosses (free shipping!)
- Lancome’s Bronze Riviera summer collection includes glowy shades of bronze and a playful POP of pink
Cat off, GO!!
A very cool musical piece created with a bonsai tree
Not exactly sure what’s going on here, but it’s hella funny
My favorite G-Stef vid; btw, have you entered the MBB Gwen Stefani Makeup Challenge?
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I had such a great time watching How To Train Your Dragon last night. Just an adorable, touching movie for kids and grownups alike (I even got a little teary).
I’ve always felt like Dreamworks played second fiddle to Pixar in the animated movie department, but this film changes that for me. Shrek (the first one) wasn’t just a fluke. They’ve got game. If you wind up seeing it this weekend, let me know what you thought.