What’s up, weekenders? I hope your Saturday’s rolling, rolling, rolling right along. Today’s been an errands/chores day for me — grocery shopping, post office, laundry and cleaning. But all work and no play makes Karen a dull girl, so I managed to sneak in some e-surfing too.
Random bright spots
- Hair me now and believe me later! — the log is gonna be HUGE! — Bella Sugar
- Give me liberty or give me MAC! Christine has lurvley pics of Liberty of London — Temptalia
- Do you take a shot of collagen with your coffee? — Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- More deets on the new Tarina Tarantino Beauty makeup collection — Nitrolicious
- The E.L.F. Smudge Brush: Maybe the best $3 I’ll ever spend? — We Heart This
- Love old Hollywood glamour like this… — Troy Jensen
- I feel like winning this Fendi Bag! — Go Smile
- NARS does France for spring. TrÃ¨s frais! — Style List
- Would you take a pill to “cure” your curly hair? — Naturally Curly
- AMAZING pictures of China’s Harbin Ice and Snow sculpture festival — The Big Picture
- Reminds me of the dreams I have where I’m flying — Aerial Filmworks
- One for the CCL’s (crazy cat ladies): 25 big cat pics as captured by a cat whisperer — Web Ecoist
- 8 facts about the $100 bill — Mental Floss
- Ever wonder how a digital camera works? — Picture More
- This DJ has mad skillz. LOVE this mashup of the top 25 pop songs of 2009 — College Humor
- 5 ways to conquer self doubt — Zen Habits
- 5 best goal-tracking tools — Life Hacker
New in beauty
- Gotta get my paws on Shu Uemura’s Nobara Cream Cover Stick Foundation
- Pretty palettes in Lancome’s Spring 2010 O My Rose
- Sure hope the Stardust Shadows in Urban Decay’s Spring 2010 collection don’t have problems with glitter fallout…
- Fellow fans of Philosophy Unconditional Love, now there’s also an Unconditional Love Perfumed Body Butter (nom, nom!)
- LOVE the way they packaged the pretty colors in Josie Maran’s Natural Wonder Powder Palette
- Have you tried Stila’s One Step Makeup Foundation yet?
- Oh, boy! Something tells me the Dior Lace collection will put big dents in wallets worldwide
- What do ya think of Clinique Juiced Up Beauty collection for spring 2010?
- And now, the climactic NARS Orgasm Illuminator, yay!
- Is Silk’n SensEpil’s $500 Hair Removal Kit overkill for hairy toes?
- Did you see that!? Paul & Joe’s Wildflowers spring 2010 collection has Alice in Wonderland and Disney-themed makeup!
- WANTS IT! — Becca’s limited edition Showgirl Palette
Time lapse Paris…
A year in 120 seconds…
Some beautiful camera work in this short film
I’m off to Trader Joe’s! What have you been up to today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. This weekend I’m workin’ with my web hosting company to move Makeup and Beauty Blog to better digs. Well, they’re doing the work. My involvement’s limited to crossing fingers. Apologies in advance for the loss of any recent comments or other goofiness that may occur this afternoon and early tomorrow. It should all be over soon, and once it is the blog should load a little faster.