San Francisco to Toronto: I’ll Be Right Back

Published in: Just For Fun, News

Makeup and Beauty Blog Heads to Toronto!

Just a quick dispatch from somewhere over California, ladies! This morning I’m off to Toronto on a top secret beauty mission. I can’t really share any details yet (even though I desperately want to!), but I can say this much: COOL!

It’s just a brief trip, and I’ll be back in the Bay soon. Of course, I still plan to blog while I’m away because, well, that’s what I do. :)

Stay tuned… Adventure awaits!

So far, 52 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

Looking forward to the mission report! Carry on, Agent K! :D

2. stalkthepostman says:

YAY Canada!! Can’t wait to hear what you’re up to :)

3. Astha says:

Enjoy my city Karen! And while you are here, you must have some Tim Horton’s and spurlge on a poutine

4. Andrea says:

Bring an umbrella – its raining here (here being Toronto).
    Andrea recently posted … Week Plan April 10-16

5. Christy says:

Jealous! Have a great time & I can’t wait to hear your report when you return :) Wish I could go with you! We’d have a great time, yo! :P
    Christy recently posted … Zoya Marley Nail Polish from Intimate Spring 2011 Collection- Swatches &amp Review

6. Amber says:

I hope you’re stopping at the Bata Shoe Museum! Bon voyage!
    Amber recently posted … Playa del Carmen- landlubbing

7. Vijaya says:

Top secret beauty mission? Sounds official. Can’t wait to find out what it is. =D
    Vijaya recently posted … MAC Quite Cute Mineralize Blush- Giggly

8. Perchance are you stopping by Toronto Fashion Week? In any case I can’t wait to hear all about your adventure!
    Kajal Couture recently posted … Makeup Tip Monday- Getting the Most From Samples

9. Radhika says:

Toronto? Now what secret beauty mission are you involved in there?? :D :D

10. Christina says:

I hope I will run into you! Go Canada!

Good luck with your secret mission!

11. lmc1971 says:

Yay! I’m in Toronto…too bad your on a top secret mission, I’m sure you have a ton of followers in T.Dot who would have loved to meet up! Perhaps next time….
    Toronto is a great city, hope you’re staying for a few days and get a chance to see the sights. Check out Bloor Yorkville shopping and Queens St. is also fun. A few worthy malls are Yorkdale or the Eaton Centre…both accessible by transit or short car ride from downtown. Don’t let anyone drag you to Vaughn Mills Outlet Mall though, not worth the trip IMHO.

Best, Lisa

Thanks for the 411, Lisa! Unfortch this time it’s a quick trip… I’ll be leaving on Friday morning. Hopefully I’ll be able to come back soon, because I need to hit all the good shopping spots and find the best poutine in the city.

12. Josie says:

Toronto girl here too! Its raining today but its still a beautiful and amazing city! Can’t wait to hear about your top secret mission here and hope you enjoy your stay! And just like Astha posted, get yourself a coffee at Tim Horton’s (or even try the Ice Capps) and you have to try a poutine which is fries, gravery, and mozzerella cheese! MMMmmmmhhhmmm!

13. shiny says:

we’ll recognize Karen immediately from the fabulousness, doesn’t she know that! ;) anyhoo, check out Brar’s – Indian food close to Pearson airport – great place to eat.

14. Christine Tansingco says:

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Toronto! Hope you enjoy your stay here….curious though about your secret mission. Hope you enjoy our multi-cultural city – the Filipino community is big here…we’re glad to see one of our own making influential strides in the world of makeup and beauty.

Fellow makeup junkie,

Christine

15. Kim says:

Very mysterious…. ;)

16. lexi says:

So cool – can’t wait to here the good news!

I’ve always wanted to go to Toronto.
    lexi recently posted … EOTD – Olive Smoky Eye

17. Why Karen, you big tease! I do know that Toronto Fashion Week is going on, hmm…….
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently posted … KenzoKi Belle de Jour Serum de Lotus Blanc

18. Alka says:

Oh no….does this mean Tabs is at home alone!!!! Can we say house party – Meow.

Karen! can i come? :)

20. Cassy says:

Have fun!! In connection, I shipped a couple of packages to Canada today. The woman at the post office tried to upsell me a passport, lol. If I was going to GO there, I wouldn’t need to SHIP there!
    Cassy recently posted … Review – Milani Eye Tech Liquid Liner

21. gracey says:

another Toronto girl here, oh im so curious!

22. SM says:

Hey Karen
    We can’t wait to see you here!! You must check out Aritzia for some funky clothes and check out our Chanel counters here! Our Chanel cosmetics come straight from France so I know you can get the Twilight and Fauve eyeshadows that aren’t in the States at all! Do try to stop by Holt Renfrew if you need any Shu Uemura stuff too!! WELCOME! Shout out to Tabs!

23. gio says:

Have fun! I can’t wait to hear what you are up to!
    gio recently posted … QOTW- What 3 Beauty Items Would You Bring With You On A Desert Island

24. Adria says:

I’ll be waiting with baited breath until to give us the scoop….enjoy yourself, Karen!!

25. Leah says:

oh canada!!
    welcome to my country, hope you have a great visit to toronto :)

26. Tracy says:

Hmmm very Mission impossible! Have fun! Is it your first time in Canada?
    Tracy recently posted … Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in Bora Bora

27. Jenniet2002 says:

hmmmmm……..MACish perhaps? =) have fun!

28. Lindsay says:

Have fun at MAC!!!! haha Maybe they’re doing Hello Kitty again…
    Lindsay recently posted … MAC Flighty Collection- Summer 2011 Preliminary info &amp pics

29. Rhapsode says:

Oh, AWESOME! I haven’t been to Canada since I was a wee baby. I’ve found my way here to California last summer and I haven’t been out of state since! Enjoy your break from the heat and best of luck on your secret mission!!
    Rhapsode recently posted … Red Lipstick Swatches &amp The Battle of Blue vs Orange!

30. Jessica says:

Welcome to Canada Karen! Hope you enjoy your trip!

31. Betty says:

Toronto (my lovely home) and Makeup can only mean one thing….MAC!

32. Have a safe flight! And I can’t wait to hear about what you were up to in Toronto :D
    Makeup Morsels recently posted … The Wednesday Wigeon No18

33. Stephanie! says:

Hmmm… i’m thinking MAC and flowers?? ;-)

34. Lorraine says:

Hope you brought a jacket :). Still chilly on nights!!

35. Shay says:

I read you everyday from Toronto!! We love you here!!

36. Bernice says:

Hope you had fun! And you’re so good at Photoshop! Even the simplest photos are gorgeous :D *jealous* haha maybe you can post up some videos?