NEWS: Allure Program Helps You Look Younger in 30 Days

A new program developed by the beauty gurus at Allure.com promises to help you (and me) look younger within the span of 30 days. Let me take this moment to say … I love you, Allure!

allure-tips.jpg

Here’s how the program works: Create your free Allure.com account. Then, each day you log on to the site you’ll get a new, easy anti-aging tip. The tips are really more like articles or blog posts, with advice from experts in the health or beauty fields. My tip today was to try to get an extra hour of sleep each night, and the article suggested a few ways for me to try and do that.

Each time you try a tip, check it off on your progress list to track your way through the program. Each time you check off a tip, you’re entered to win a collection of anti-aging products. How smart is that?? We all need a little encouragement along the way. One lucky winner will score a trip for two to the Golden Door Spa (I’m dying to go there!). Other prizes include anti-aging products from Clinique, Neutrogena, Olay, Lancome and Avon.

On your account screen, there’s even a place to keep private notes to yourself — little reminders of things you’d like to try.

For each of the tips, I found it helpful to be able to read through the user comments. Seeing what other women have to say about a tip really takes the program to the next level.

User Peggy3 left this suggestion in the comments:

“my best sleeping tips……ban the acohol. if you need a solid sleep for the next day, take 1 paracetamol before bed, dulls the nerves a little….but don’t do it often. it is very mild and harmless. always have fresh air in the room, and yes….pitch black room, for your circadian cycles.”

I don’t know what paracetamol is (and I would never advise taking anything without investigating it first)… but I made a note to myself on my account screen to find out.

“The makeover program cuts through the clutter of the different information you hear about anti-aging,” says Fiona Gibb, Allure.com web editor.

Allure’s editors and their outside experts chose only the best tips they could find, suggestions backed up by a lot of evidence. Along with product recommendations, there are tips and tricks from sleep experts, as well as hair and makeup artists.

“It’s really a combination of the advice that we’ve gotten from top experts on things you can do across all areas of your life to start turning back the clock,” says Fiona.

Age spots and wrinkles may not be big concerns of yours (yet), but, girlfriend, even if you’re a teenager, wear sunscreen on your neck! You’ll thank me when you’re 32. Taking steps now to look and feel your best later in life doesn’t have to be a gargantuan chore. With that in mind, check out Make Yourself Over: Look Younger in 30 Days.

So far, 18 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. This is quite a neat little program and I’m sure it will help a lot of people figure out their way in the big anti-aging maze!

Miss Gisele B.

Miss Gisele B.’s last blog post..Sephora’s 20 solutions to your most common skincare problems

2. Dao says:

Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is a pain reliever, commercial name is Tylenol. I’ll try the thing to see how it works, plus I want the free stuff.

3. breezy says:

Ooh I love allure, I’m addicted to their magazine, they have the best info. I have to sit down and go slowly go through it and when something catches my eye I mark it with one of those post it tabs, haha I’m such a nerd. But hey I like to look up info on ingridients or new products they talk about,or its also helpful when there’s a gorgeous makeup look that I might want to try to recreate.

I’m signed up! :)

I love getting my Allure every month! There was an uncredited cherry-colored lipstick in the March issue (pg 180) that I’m still obsessing over!

5. Karen says:

Hi Gisele,

I agree. Now if I could only figure out how to get those extra sleep hours, oy!

6. Karen says:

Hi Dao,

Good luck! I hope you win something… although I am *determined* to win that Golden Door trip, LOLOLZ!

7. Karen says:

Hi Breezy,

You aren’t the only nerd. I do the same thing, too. I get out my post-it flags and pen and circle stuff that I find interesting. I like their tear out tutorials, and their investigative articles are great. The Britney no-show one written a few months ago was actually very memorable writing.

8. Karen says:

Hi Glosslizard,

Oh cool! Allure is one of my fave magazines (totally feeds the fire). :) Dang, all I gotta say is I better look younger in 30 days, girl!

Hmm, we’d better figure out a suitable retribution if we don’t constantly get carded by the end of April! LOL!

10. Karen says:

I know! The Fed Ex guy asked me if I was 22 the other day and I was like dude… in 30 days I’m gonna look like a teenager! (LOLOL… as if). BTW, I saw a poster of the new Mike Meyers movie and thought of you. I’m so watching “So I Married an Axe Murderer” tomorrow on my day off!

11. breezy says:

Ok I’ll take it a step further. I’ll go back to the pages I’ve cataloged and if its looks or stuff that I ended up really liking I will tear out the page, 3 hole punch it and put it in a binder that I have just for that. LOL oh my god I sound crazy!

12. breezy says:

Are you on Specktra Karen?

Yeah! When’s showtime? I’ll bring the popcorn! “You know that part of the helicopter…..? Yes, I know that part.”

14. Karen says:

Hi Breezy,

Makeup Nerds Unite! I sooo do the same thing with MAC face charts, LOL! I print them out, three hole punch them, and put them in a binder with tabs of the different collections.

Oh, and yes I am on Specktra! Although these days I mostly lurk because once dig in my butt won’t leave the compute. My handle is Surfdiva!

15. Karen says:

LOL, Glosslizard.

“We have a piper down!”

16. Victoria says:

Preach it – girlfriend ! If i had know I was going to care about wrinkles now that I am in my 30s(36) I would have been more aware in my 20s.. the Allure thing is so cool – heres to looking younger..

17. Karen says:

Hi Victoria!

I’m so with ya, girl! :) Turn back that clock, dangit!