New in Beauty, Mar. 26: Chanel Pops Up Again, but NARS Is Just So Famous

Good mornin’, ladies. :) I hope you slept well. It promises to be a beautiful day. The sun is out, birds are singing, and Tabs is writing an ode to Fridays in his journal on the windowsill.

I thought I’d start the day with a look at what’s new and exciting in the worlds of makeup and beauty. If anything’s missing (and I’m sure things are), please add them to the comments.

P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!). :)

So far, 42 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Tiffany says:

Happy Friday, Karen!

LOL, I bought a ton of new stuff online today. I got the NARS set you mentioned, the BE lipgloss set you mentioned, a couple Tokidoki things, and this BE buxom sailor girls set: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259901&categoryId=B70

EEEK, I can’t wait for everything to arrive! (Oh, and fyi, the Dior white reveal link goes to the Kat Von D product). BTW, I loooove all the cute mini pictures you have been putting in your posts – makes it so adorable and even more fun to read :)

Hi Tiffany!

Happy Friday! I have a feeling I need to do a little online (or virtual, hmm) hauling today too. I have my eye on some Tokidoki things and that NARS set… been a looong week so a little retail therapy is in order.

Thanks for letting me know about the link! It’s fixed. :)

What are you doing this weekend?

• Tiffany says:

Which Tokidoki things do you think look good? Wow, that Dior stuff looks nice but it’s pricey for only .5 oz – but I guess that’s just Dior for ya!

Tonight we are gonna use our outdoor firepit and make s’mores :) and hubby and I will probably go out for dinner tomorrow night. Other than that, I might try to go see Alice, and I want to swap out my winter/summer clothes! What’s on your plate this weekend?

I’m going through a bronzer phase, so I want that… also some brushes (SO CUTE!) and this eyeshadow palette:

MMMMM, s’mores!! I wish I could come over so ya’ll could feed me, LOL! I really enjoyed Alice, btw. I know it’s been hit or miss with people, but I thought it was great and very true to the original book.

This weekend I’m hoping to pop by the Macy’s Flower show (crosses fingers) on Saturday, but truth be told, what I really need is just time to putter around the house. I could do with a few hours on the couch with some movies and a big vat of popcorn, LOL!

• Tiffany says:

Hey Karen! Not sure if that was the right link to the eyeshadow palette? I thought the Tokidoki bronzer looks really cute also!

I wish I could mail you a s’more! I loooove the story of Alice so I think I will like it, it’s just getting myself into a movie theater that’s the hard part. Oooh, I hope you go to the flower show so your lovely readers can see pictures, lol :)

Apparently I’m having copying and pasting issues today! Should be good now!

OH! Also on my weekend agenda: convince El Hub that this cat needs to be in our lives!!

I am liking the Tarte Little Black Dress palette and the Nars So Famous Set …. I own that Tarte set with the jewels on the cover (cant remember the name) and I love it …

Who can say no to Nars value sets? Theyre always an awesome value.

Long week for me too but the weekend is in sight – cant wait!!!

Ohmigosh, me too. I need a solid block of vegetation time to recover.

How’s your Friday going?

• NINA says:

Its goin pretty quick … busy-ish this morning but quieting down now. I hope to leave early…

What are you doin this weekend? :)

The Hubs was telling me Mojo (dog) needs a baby brother so we might go look at adoption dogs …. Woohooo!!! He always laughs because im like a woman with a mission when we go to Petsmart/Petco on adoption days (usually weekends) – I go straight to the back where the cute dogs and cats are!!!

Going to the movies tonight! I’d also like to do some cleaning/organizing tomorrow. :)

I love seeing the rescue dogs/cats at the pet store. It’s very easy to fall in love!

3. DonnaN says:

very rarely does Chanel “speak” to me…..but this stuff is sure calling my name! Oh, and I think that a Sephora order’s gonna get placed while I’m laid up recovering from surgery….LOL!!

4. Scientific Housewife says:

Man, I really want that Tarte kit, that seems like such a great collection of eyeshadows!

5. mkdallas says:

Love the Nars set and it is a good deal, but after some MAJOR haulage of late (and drawers already crammed with like, 50,000 makeup items I don’t use but for some reason just HAD to have), I must take a deep breath and walk away from the Sephora website. And let me tell you, that’ ain’t easy. Kisses to Tabs on his yummy little noggin!

Ya know, I periodically go through phases when I wonder why the heck I need 1000 tubes of pink lipgloss. But then I remind myself that there could be worse addictions, LOL!

Tabs sends you kitty hugs ’round your ankles. :)

6. evo says:

i’ve been to Blo a few times here in canada….they’re great! inexpensive and fast!

7. lexi says:

Aw why does that Blo.Bar place have to be in the Marina? Not.A.Fan.

Why is Chanel dragging me into their beauty world? I’m starting to serioulsy obsess over the new bright colors in that collection. Bad enough they sucked me in with their great foundation and new Rouge Coco line! I’m passing on the NARS set because the Orgasm multiple unfortunately didn’t do a thing for me.

yes girl loving the Supergloop font too. My favorite will always be Tabitha script (don’t know it that the right name) because it’s kind of the way I write normally.

8. Stef says:

Hmmm, is the font on Supergoop! Shoebop? It might be a bit less flouncy than Shoebop…

And oh my word, I am starting a Prada Infusion de Tubereuse fund right now! Tuberose and Blood Orange are 2 of my favorite things to sniff. Beautiful bottle too. Thanks for the into!
    .-= Stef’s last blog post… BleachBlack Dickweed Nail Polish =-.

9. Amber says:

I really like the idea of that Supergoop hand & face stick. That would be great to carry in a handbag or beach bag.
    .-= Amber’s last blog post… What’s your type? =-.

10. Lucy says:

Oooh the chanel stuff looks great – thanks for the kat von d tip, I have a particularly unsightly tatt I’d like to cover!
    .-= Lucy’s last blog post… OPI Nail Laquer in Teal The Cows Come Home =-.

11. Lisa S. says:

Ooooh, you know I’m all over the Tarte Palette. And Prada’s Infusion de Tubereuse has two of my favorite smells in the world, Tuber rose and Blood orange. Love, love, love!

12. Vonvon says:

The NARS set is so pretty! And the Smashbox cream liners in so many shades got me lemming. And Tarte palette…….haven’t tried them before , but love the packaging…very elegant!
    .-= Vonvon’s last blog post… Review: Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum……INDEED! =-.

13. eleen says:

OMG! Love at first sight for the colors of Chanel Les Pop-Up De Chanel collection!!

Is there any pre-order now?

14. Sara says:

The font on Supergoop is Fabulous 50′s. I had my photoshop running at the same time, and double checked it…definately is!

I’m thinking I need to con my hubby into a trip to Sephora for my b-day sunday!

15. Briitney says:

Hey Karen,
    I so love the colors by Chanel….. Sexy and fun I think…and with spring in the air, I am looking for something flirty to wear.. Can’t wait for the warmer weather…yay. Thanks for the updates and THAT mascara review. I so need to run and find me some. I always weaar a little mascara when in the gym and all. Helps me think…lol… Have a great weekend.