Good mornin’, ladies. I hope you slept well. It promises to be a beautiful day. The sun is out, birds are singing, and Tabs is writing an ode to Fridays in his journal on the windowsill.
I thought I’d start the day with a look at what’s new and exciting in the worlds of makeup and beauty. If anything’s missing (and I’m sure things are), please add them to the comments.
New in Beauty
- Totally in with the blush, lip pencil and mini-Orgasm Multiple in the NARS So Famous Set ($44; $61 value)
- Chanel’s Les Pop-Up De Chanel collection arrives this May with vibrant pops of neon pink, sunny coral and turquoise
- Shu Uemura says Pro Concealer ($23) is a full-coverage concealer that really does look natural
- I NEED the Tokidoki SANDy Nail File ($5)!
- Would your man ever use Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Health Bronze Energizing Gradual Tan Moisturizer ($23)?
- For Mother’s Day (May 9!), what about Dolce & Gabbana’s Rose The One Mother’s Day Set ($75)?
- L’Occitane’s Ultra Rich Face Cream ($39) is a nourishing shea butter bath for your skin
- Smashbox’s Cream Eye Liner Palette ($32) houses 10 shades in metallic hues
- Guerlain’s Liquid Eyeliner ($35) sports an ultra-fine brush with a surprisingly long handle
- Dior’s launching Hydralife ($39-$73), a collection of moisturizers and serums formulated with pure plant extracts
- Would you throw down 30 bones for Yves Saint Laurent’s Instant Eye Make-Up Remover ($30)?
- If you have any tattoos you’d like to cover, Kat Von D’s Tattoo Eraser ($14) can help
- Dior’s Diorsnow White Reveal Illuminating Eye Treatment ($68) is supposed to diminish dark circles, puffiness and dark spots around those adorable eyes
- If you can name the font on the Supergoop! ($12-68) packaging, I think you’re officially awesome
- Tarte’s Little Black Dress Eyeshadow Palette ($21) comes with eight shadows in shades of brown, pink, purple and blue
- Prada’s Infusion de Tubereuse ($74) boasts notes of tuberose and blood orange
- Get a free 8-piece gift set (a $110 value) with any Estee Lauder purchase of $39.50 or more at Bloomingdale’s?
- The Bare Escentuals Pink Delicious 100% Natural Lipgloss Kit ($26) looks like a yummy desert
- What do ya think about the website for Dior’s Miss Dior Cherie perfume?
- For my fellow Bay Area gals, Blo Bar Dry Bar, a salon specializing in blow outs, is opening a new location in San Francisco
- More from Bare Escentuals: Big & Bright Eyeliner Pencil ($14) and Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara ($18)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!).