New in Beauty, Mar. 24: Chanel Reformulates Viatlumiere Foundation and Clinique Introduces a New Brandied Bronze

What’s shakin’, ladies? This is rather useless trivia, but I just realized that today is the third of five March hump days. :) Hope you have a great one. I’m just chugging along.

So far, 24 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Jae says:

Orange Sapphire smells so GOOD. My husband got me a little bottle of the lotion before the whole line was available and I’ve almost completely used it up.

I have a coupon for BBW that isn’t good until Monday and it’s KILLING me!

2. lexi says:

Hmmm….interesting! The new Chanel formula comes out right at the time I need new foundation – promises of evening skintone, even?

Color me there!

I hate to say this but my Shiseido curler has stopped working for me …. that Laura Mercier one is interesting. Working on the brow trend — im also intrigued by the Smashbox The Brow Tech To Go Pencil. Hmmm…

If things work out, ive a doctor’s appt for my annual allergy shot later … I might pop over the mall to check out those things plus the BBW Orange Sapphire scent and the VS free tote bag for $21 purchase of their new line. :D

I’ve never tried the Shiseido one… I’m devoted to my Shu Uemura curler. :)

OOOh girl, you just reminded me that I need to call the doc’s to get my allergy meds situation worked out. There’s a LOT of sneeze-worthly plant life up here.

What are you allergic to? When spring hits I’m pretty much allergic to everything.

• NINA says:

Same as you — every single thing that grows or flies or flutters during Spring is my foresworn enemy!!!

On regular days its dust, pollen and strong scents – thats why im very careful about what scents I use too.

The Shiseido was awesome until … one day … it just wasnt. Sad. But true.

Im prolly gonna leave work 330ish. The shot is like a cure-all. Ill be fine just in time for the weekend – yay!!!

Have you ever tried the Shu Uemura one? I swear it’s the bees knees.

• Nina says:

Now I will LOL … picked one up @ Sephora after the docs appt!

I also got 2 lippies from MAC — Crosswires and Cravings. I was going to get one of the Liberty of London ones but they were out.

Ive been nawty! :D

4. Dominique Lim says:

The Laura Mercier eyelash curler looks like the one I have from Sephora @ $14 which I love, btw.

(http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12343&categoryId=C8620&shouldPaginate=true)

Wet N Wild has a similar design eyelash curler and it’s just under $2.

(http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=194465&catid=24586&aid=337953&aparam=wet_n_wild_eyelash_cur&CAWELAID=211012312)

5. Lisa S. says:

Oo, got a sample bottle of the Orange Sapphire and I did not like. It was sharp and spicy (not in a good way) and reminded me of orange cleaner. Just my opinion and your mileage may vary. :0)
    For an orange scent that is out of this world, I like Pacifica’s Tuscan Blood Orange. It’s available from Sephora and it’s not too much more expensive than the B&B stuff.

Interesting! I hope it works with my chemistry. Spicy’s more of a fall thing for me so I was hoping for something crisp and fresh.

Pacifica seems to have lots of interesting scents, yah?

• Lisa S. says:

I’m planning on going on a Pacifica binge, the next time I make it to St Louis. (Boo, no Sephora where I live, I have to travel two hours to get to
        a major city) I’m really intrigued by how luscious all their scents sound. But the Tuscan Blood Orange is the only one I’ve tried so far.

6. Wendy says:

The Philosophy Apricots and Cream Spritz is amazing!! I sprayed it on my body and was not sure about it at first. But after it soaked in it smelled so fresh and yummy!!

7. Rica says:

I just wanna say… ENTERED… haha didn’t know about the Benefit contest. Thanks for informing us!

Also, I’m kind of skeptical about Orange Sapphire though… I’m picky with my orange. I shall swing by the mall and give it a little sniff.

Oh, and I cansee myself getting a lot of use out of the Clinique palette, but I have never tried the Clinique eyeshadows before. Maybe I should dig out my gift-with-purchase sample eyeshadows to test it out. What do you think about Clinique eyeshadowsKaren?
    .-= Rica’s last blog post… Icy Look Book – page 1 =-.

I like them. They were my first eyeshadows when I started wearing makeup, so I have a lot of emotional ties to the line. :)

In terms of performance, they’re not as pigmented as other shadows, but I think that’s okay… if you’re a beginner they’re much more forgiving and easier to use.

8. Steph B says:

I have a Sephora eyelash curler just like that one. It is great for travel. I really like the open sides — minimizes chances to pinch that delicate skin.

9. Wendy says:

It is more of a sweet scent. ( the philosophy rep said that shower gel and lotion will follow soon.)

10. Denise says:

Karen, the Mango Mandarin scent at BBW is really nice and smells like citrus. I have the shower gel and I love it. Clinique has a set of three perfumes only available at Christmas time they are Happy, a hint of citrus and a hint of flowers. I love the hint of citrus one, that’s the one I use the most. It helps energize me in the morning. :)