New in Beauty, June 4: LORAC’s Version of the Little Black Dress and the Poor Girl’s Minx Manicure

• Just the thing to wear with my little black dress! :)
    With the The Little Black Palette by Lorac ($32), you’ll be ready for anything. It comes with four shimmery long-lasting Lorac Baked Eyeshadows and a tiny tube of Behind The Scenes Eye Shadow Primer, all tucked away in a convenient case.
  • A poor girl’s Minx Manicure
    Why throw down for a Minx Mani when you can do your own at home with the $15 Sephora by OPI Chic Print for Nails. Let your imagination run wild with funky patterns in geometric, striped and animal prints, MEOW!
  • If I could turn back time…
    The Hourglass Anti-Aging Timeless Complexion Duo ($55) comes with two of their bestsellers — Illusion Tinted Moisturzier and their Veil Mineral Primer — to protect and turn back the hands of time. Both contain SPF 15 but DON’T contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes. Available in Ivory and Light Beige.
  • Um…did you say dulce de leche?!
    Infused with argan oil, these Josie Maran Natural Volume Lip Glosses ($20) don’t just stimulate lips. Flavored with dulce de leche, they may also stimulating your appetite (they’re doing it to mine)! Available in six shades — light pink, rosy nude, golden beige, petal pink, apricot and plum.
  • I want these palettes to breeze into my life; anytime works for me
    LOVE the colors in the Dr. Hauschka Cool Breeze and Warm Breeze makeup palettes ($50 each), and I wonder if it helps that they’re enriched with black tea.
  • OOH! Is that the new “It Girl”?
    The Stila It Girl Eye Shadow Trio Palette in Warm bundles three of Stila’s award-winning eyeshadows in Lamé (a shimmery gold), Chloe (a shimmery bronze) and Kitten (a shimmery pink). At just $10, it’s quite the steal!
  • Spread your wings and prepare to fly…
    How pretty! Your heart love may skip (mine did) when you see the pink, orange and turquoise shades in the OPI Summer Flutter Mini Set ($7.70). WANT!
  • Go ahead, get nude, yay!
    Nude Lips lip balm ($14) melts at body temperature, and it’s s infused with organic cupuacu (a tropical rainforest tree; you learn something new every day!) and Tahitian vanilla.

So far, 16 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Tiffany says:

Those OPI colors look perfect for summer! I was also intrigued by the Minx-like nails, but the reviews on Sephora aren’t great so far…

2. Melissa says:

oh my gosh karen, thanks so much for the OPI link! i have been after minx since i first heard about them, but the closest salon is like, an hour away plus it’s mad expensive. i am so happy there is a cheaper alternative! wooott! (can you tell i’m excited?!)

3. knownever says:

I saw those nail appliques I think I heard them called. they look really cool and I can’t wait to hear reviews as people get a chance to try them out.
    .-= knownever’s last blog post… War Paint =-.

Dont tempt me so much! :D

I got the Clarins palette and did not stop there. I also got 2 blushes from MAC. I also just received my Fekkai and a NARS Blush (Torrid) … Bad bad Nina!

Ill try to be good now but that It Girl palette is in my Sephora cart at the moment… :D

Dude, it’s only $10! That ain’t bad.

Yay for your new palette and what MAC blushes did you get?

• Nina says:

Duuudee the palette shipped already. So stoked! I get it next week when I get back to work – what a perfect pick me up!

The blushes I got were Melba and Pinch Me … its to make up for missing on all the To The Beach stuff. :D

Both of those are fantastic blushes! Don’t be surprised if you pick up a MAC blush habit, LOL!

• Nina says:

I think ive picked up a blush habit in general – what with NARS and MAC tempting me with their blushes every single day!

With MAC blushes, I love their matte and sheertone finishes – it gives a really pretty, flushed finish. NARS on the other hand – pure oomphhh!

5. Karen,
    The Stila IT palette is awesome, especially for $10. Check out your local Costco–I found a set called All About You which has the IT palette, a double ended brush, full size mascara, deluxe one step fdtn, and mini smudge pot for $19.99 AND it comes in warm or cool!

Never tried Dr. H makeup, is it nice? Liking the look of the warm breeze set.
    .-= Cindy (Prime Beauty)’s last blog post… You’re Hired! Or Not =-.

6. ooh I love that Stila IT girl palette hope we can get those over in Europe soon.
    $10 is excellent value too.

Jayne xx
    .-= Stila Make Up’s last blog post… RoC Minesol =-.