New in Beauty, Jan. 19: Good Stuff from Bobbi Brown, Dior and Yves Saint Laurent

Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick

Happy Tuesday, ladies. :) As I type this pre-dawn post by the dim light of my monitor and a small desk lamp in rain-soaked Novato, I’m closing my eyes and picturing Bobbi Brown’s Nectar Shimmer Brick ($38), a shimmery coral, on top of a pretty coral blush. YUM!

Dior Serum de Rouge

I can’t wait to try all eight of Dior’s new luxury lip treatments in Serum de Rouge ($32).

From left to right: Dior Serum de Rouge in Rosewood, Coral, Crimson, Raspberry, Beige, Mocha, Soft Pink and Nude

StrangeBeautiful Library of Color: Volumes 1 and 2

For the nail fiends and polish junkies of the world (I’m right there with ya!), the StrangeBeautiful Library of Color, Volume 1 and Volume 2 ($79 each, yowza!), are available for pre-order!

Yves Saint Laurent Poudre Compacte Matte Pressed Powder

SUPER CUTE! All six of YSL’s Compact Matt Pressed Powders ($46) have this embossed heart on the pan. Talk about love! :)

More good stuff…

So far, 36 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. OOOOOOoooo!!! Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick=MINE!!!!!! I am such a sucker for pretty looking products like that LOL!

2. amy says:

Ohhh I would be interested in the Strangebeautiful Library of Colour polish collection. I am such a nailpolish fiend and have been since high school.
    .-= amy’s last blog post… Lorac Double Booked Limited Edition Full Face Collection Product Pictures =-.

3. Suji says:

The BB Nectar Shimmer Brick looks gorgeous!! I’ll be looking forward to swatches :)
    I also love the StrangeBeautiful sets but I’m trying to be really tight with my beauty spending this year! eeeeep! I keep telling myself to use what I have already and stop hauling new stuff hehe.

4. lexi says:

OOOOH and I will be waiting in anticipation for your review of the new Dior lip treatments – I want that Mocha shade but with my luck it’ll give my lips a bad reaction.

5. Vanessa H says:

I’m in love with the pressed powders, how pretty would those be to pull out of your purse for touch-ups?
    .-= Vanessa H’s last blog post… Dream Shopping… =-.

6. I am drooling over the nail colors. Unfortunately,I don’t think we have this brand here.

7. hellokitty6782 says:

Never Enough Nails- I’ll see you at the BB counter, because that Nectar shimmerbrick is mine! :)
    Karen, on a different note, and you PLEASE do a look with the Dior Pearl Glow palette? Pretty please!

Yes ma’am! My hair’s been out of control for a few days, but I’m going to try my best to wrangle it into submission so I can take some decent FOTDs, LOL! :)

8. Suzie says:

how do you use those BB shimmer bricks – blush, eyeshadow??? I’ve always liked the look of them, but just don’t get how I should be using them.

You can apply the colors separate as shadow, or swirl them together to create a sheer, shimmery blush or highlighter. I like to pop ‘em on top of brighter blushes, or sweep the color onto my arms, legs and shoulders during the summer for a little bit o’ glow.

I’m excited about the Dior Serum de Rouge and the Michael Kors rollerballs!

10. K says:

I love that YSL’s little compact is Valentine’s-worthy! So cute!!
    .-= K’s last blog post… Virginia To-do List =-.

11. Summer Staff says:

That shimmer brick is too cute! I have the pink one (rose, or something?) And i love using the more whitish and lighter colors on my eyes. The bronze one makes my decolage glow and sometimes I just dust it on my legs for a shimmery glow. I wish my skin was oily, so I could buy that compact! It would be hard to make even a slight dent in something so pretty, though!

12. veronica says:

Those nail polishes are HAWT!! The price isn’t so horrible if you break it down per bottle… <$10. Any idea if those colors are matte or not? I'm obsessed with matte polishes lately.

13. Sonja says:

I love love love love Dior Rouge Serum! I have it in Raspberry and the colour fits me so well, it might just be made for me! I’ve had it for a while though, we’ve had them in Europe since October or something. I was wondering why you didn’t review them already…I love Chanel lip products but this one takes the cake in everything, well, everything except the smell. Amazing lipstick/balm/gloss/tint/pretty looking beauty product!

Oh no! What does it smell like? Smell is a big thing for me… if it’s sickly sweet then I can’t hang!

• Sonja says:

Well it’s a bit…chemical! But it fades away after a minute or so and it tastes just fine! The lasting power is amazing too!! Ah, I’m completely in love with this product.

14. The Bobbi Brown nectar shimmer birck looks really nice!! the colours are gorgeous!!
    Might have to go and buy it and see…really looks lovely!
    .-= Unveil Beauty’s last blog post… Simple tip for glowing skin =-.

15. mill says:

i was looking at the chanel top and base coats…. interesting…
    also the YSL powders look cool but they pulled all YSL counters from where i live…. and replaced them ALL with cle de peau. i dont even know why.

16. Christy says:

Mmm I want the nail polish library!
    .-= Christy’s last blog post… NOTD: Sephora by OPI Too Good For Him Nail Polish Review & Swatches =-.

17. Astrid says:

I gotta say, I’m not in love with the Dior Serum de Rouge… over-all it’s a fine product, but I’ve just not used it very much. I’m more of a moisturising lipstick kinda gal, (I love MAC and Chanel Hydrabase) and I thought the Dior one would be like a nice moiturising hybrid product, but it turns out the texture is too light/glides off (does that make sense? Sometimes it’s hard to explain!) a bit much for me, considering how much pigment it packs! I’ve got 840 Crimson (um kinda by accident,I meant to get raspberry but I got the wrong one, but I liked the colour when I realised at home so I kept it!) and it’s a nice shade, but when I wear such a bold colour I want to know it’s well in place and won’t get rubbed off/easily smear. When I wear it I’m constantly checking my pocket mirror. The packaging is amazing though, so pretty and luxurious!

But this post with all the excitement for ‘em make me want to try it out again, perhaps dab it on so it feels more in place. Hmmm… off to the mirror to experiment! Have a great day Karen!

18. Sara says:

“oh,” i thought, “that nail polish set looks nice. pretty colors and terrific packaging, and two things i am, strange and beautiful. maybe that’s what i’ll ask the b.friend for for valentine’s.” but $79?!?! i think i’ll pick up, like, all the new sally hansen collections instead.

19. Hey Karen! I just thought I’d let you know, StrangeBeautiful polishes have been out for over a year now. There is a 3rd volume that launched last fall and it’s available on LuckyScent.com along with the first 2 volumes. All the polishes are cremes and very well pigmented. I reviewed Vol 3 and the colors are gorg. I have Vol. 1 as well and need to order Vol 2. The brand has a website, http://strangebeautiful.biz
    .-= AllLacqueredUp’s last blog post… Let’s Talk Soak-off Gel Nail Polish =-.