New in Beauty, Feb. 4: Givenchy Gets the Summertime Blues (and Greens), and L’Oreal Wants to Color Your Hair

Happy Thursday, ladies. Miracle of all miracles — we made it over the hump!

I hope you haven’t had to put out any fires so far. What are your plans for today? I’m looking forward to meeting my friend Christine for lunch in SF.

Tabs says “Mrrroooow,” which loosely translates to “Haaay, girl,” LOL!

Talk to you soon. :)

So far, 37 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Trude says:

Um, that braided headband is just weird. Besides, nobody but a fake platinum could wear the blonde one without looking ridic!

Lots of stuff to do tonight once I’m off work, including baking some booze (aka cream sherry) cake…I’ll sleep eventually, I’m sure! :) But I’m definitely treating myself to a mani/pedi, it takes too long for me to do it myself!
    .-= Trude’s last blog post… Caroline & Nancy =-.

2. Lisa S. says:

Ok, hate to say this. But I’m much more excited by the Givenchy line than anything so far in the vast MAC spring line. I just feel I’ve seen the MAC stuff before. Although I will reserve judgement until I get my hands on some product. The colors in the Givenchy line are SPEAKING to me in tones of lurve!

3. Kelly says:

Those Givenchy nail colors look amazing, cannot wait to get my grubby hands on them!
    .-= Kelly’s last blog post… Orly Sweet Collection for Spring 2010 Swatches & Review =-.

4. Summer Staff says:

I like those braids! But honestly, I;m a honey blonde and that color is REAAAALLY fake haha, I doubt anyone could pull it off. The word ‘minerals’ just sounds so good and wholesome, and I love philosophy so I want to pick some of that stuff up! I have been wanting a good mask (or a good excuse to sit and read Allure for half an hour as it does it’s thang!). I love those little kits like the Estee Lauder one, but normally I just use one product because I hate most of the colors :-( Why can’t the let you choose?!

I know! I always end up giving away at least a few things to friends and family when it comes to GWPs.

Do you ever get the Clinique GWPs? At one point in time I must’ve had at least five extra Raspberry Glace lipsticks sitting around because I had accumulated so many of ‘em…

The Tonytail wrap is kinda scary LOL ….

I have those braided headbands — got them for ten bucks for three pieces at Target — it was during one day when I was having a hideous hair day when I got those. I position the headband really close to my hairline and then tie my hair into a low ponytail — bad hair day begone!!! They work and I like them!!!

Im liking that Kat Von D palette as well … Hrm. Shopping time!!!!

Mrewww @ Tabs and have a great day @ Karen!!!

6. CynthiaCCC says:

Must try the Shiseido lip tint. “More casual than lipstick, more natural than gloss,” says the website. Sounds good to me.

7. Devs says:

That Kat-Von D palette looks amazing!

8. amy says:

I want the Givenchy nailpolishes, especially the green one. The eyeshadow looks like beautiful stone work!
    .-= amy’s last blog post… MAC Lillyland Cremeblend Blush Joie-de-Vivre Product Picture, Review and Swatch =-.

9. Daya says:

Oh. fudge. I love Kat Von D’s palettes. Thanks for posting! Now to Sephora to check it out!

10. Aparnaa says:

OK, those hair-made hair ties are freaky as hell. Ugh, the thought of them on my desk as I readjusted my hair is making me vomit. Honestly, a hair tie the same color as one’s hair is sufficient. It’s not like a woman loses points if anyone can tell it’s a tie or not.

And I want that blue nailpolish from Givenchy stat.

11. Lucy says:

Oooh those Givenchy polishes!!
    .-= Lucy’s last blog post… Valentines Day Nails #1 – OPI Heart to Resist Review =-.

Givenchy has my undivided attention… the nail polishes, the shadow, the bronzer… I want it all! :P

I’m also a fan of Philosophy’s line — and a fan of facial masks — so I’d love to try out that deep sea mask!

13. Lisa S. says:

Not ignoring this thread, (already commented at how yummy the Givenchy stuff is) but I picked up a, I guess a deluxe sample size package of Prescriptives Moon Beam lip glosses from Cosmetics Company this weekend. All I can say is WOW! The colors are quite pigmented without screaming, the color and shine last for hours and they feel wonderful on my lips. I’ve never used Prescriptives stuff before and have no idea how their other products are, but these are wonderful! I believe the colors are “Comet, Stellar, Jupitar, and Meteor”.

14. Jen says:

Wow, the Givenchy nail polishes look amazing! So pretty. And my friend bought me the Kat Von D palette for my birthday (the 6th!), so I’m excited to get it and play with it. Yay! Hopefully it’ll help me make it through this month and the next and onwards to May.

Hope you’re having a good week so far.

15. mkdallas says:

I saw the same hairband and ponytail holders at Ulta and was intrigued with them. I actually think the ponytail holders would look great, but why in the heck did they produce like, a zillion shades for brunettes and only one for blondes, in platinum no less?? There are so many shades of blondies out there, both highlighted and natural, that is seems really weird and a poor business decision to offer only one shade. If there had been other options, I definitely would have picked some up for my daughter and myself.

16. Kristen says:

Tonytails = DEFINITELY freaky! I will never get on board with the whole fake hair trend, especially when it’s attached to elastic bands or clips (as opposed to professionally-applied extensions).
    .-= Kristen’s last blog post… Love is in the Air with….Estee Lauder Love Your Lips =-.

17. diane says:

Hy! Thanks again for these links :D I like the tonytales from Sephora, I don’t find them freaky…:P

Anyway, it;s friday here as I read this and I’m counting 6 more hours at work and then weekend time :D

Have a fun day

kiss!
    .-= diane’s last blog post… Why do we hate the 90s fashion? =-.

18. Christy Ordonez says:

Saw the Clinique gift with purchase a few days ago online. I never use Clinique, but that gift looked so fab I had to have it, even though I’m several states away from the closest Bloomingdale’s. Luckily I had a friend in San Francisco for a few days and he very sweetly ran to Bloomy’s and picked up Karen’s recommended Cleansing Balm for me. Just picked him up from the airport, and cannot WAIT to test everything out tomorrow. Weeeee, makeup rush!