Blush: The Search for The Next Great Makeup Artist

Fire up yo’ DVR, makeup addicts! On Tuesday, November 11 a new show called Blush: The Search for the Next Great Makeup Artist premiers on Lifetime.

In the show, nine makeup artists will cohabitate (read: drama) and compete for a $100,000 cash prize, a contract to work with Max Factor and the opportunity to do makeup for an In Style photo shoot.

So who is show host Vanessa Marcil?
Vanessa starred from 1998-1999 as Gina on Beverly Hills 90210 and won a daytime Emmy Award in 2003 for her role as Brenda Barrett on the soap opera General Hospital.

It’s safe to assume we’ll see typical reality TV show hijinks/tears/sh*t talking in the show, but what I’m *really* hoping for are scenes showing the artists working their brush techniques.

Do you suppose I’m hoping for too much?

So far, 22 people have commented on this article. How cool is that?

1. Oh Karen — thanks for reminding me! You know that this show called me 5 times and asked me to audition? I said, “I have been a working makeup artist for 21 years — I am hardly “up-in-coming!” Then they asked if I could refer some of my friends or assistants! My girlfriend auditioned, but she is a special effects artist mostly — they wanted artists who would bring on the drama (not exactly the talent), but I will tune in…..just to see the technique and the drama!!!!

2. Almira says:

Yes. Yes yo uare asking me too much. xD

Almira´s last blog post..Quarantine: Movie Review

3. Almira says:

Asking me? Was I high?

Asking FOR too much. Haha! Sorry about that.

Almira´s last blog post..Quarantine: Movie Review

4. Karen says:

Hi Melissa,

Heya, girl! Long time no chat! :) How are things with you?

LOL, I already have this show Tivo-ed…

5. Karen says:

Hi Almira,

Ha! In my dreams they’d have ten minute sequences where you could just watch ‘em working the crease!

6. Jenna says:

I’m disturbed by the amount of blush by the “smokey” girl’s hairline.

7. Karen B says:

Hehe. I’m afraid it’ll be mostly drama. But I’ll still watch ;)

Karen B´s last blog post..Top 200 my ass

In a perfect world, part of the show would be the instructional piece, where each artist took a turn demonstrating his/her signature effect step by step! Hello? Are you listening, tv execs? :D

Whoah, that was a busy weekend! Happy Monday! Didn’t it feel good to sleep in?

9. EtherealPrey says:

wow everyone gets a reality competition show now, shear genius, antm, project runway, a photography one, a movie director one, and now this, i’m sure there’s one job category we’re forgetting here! I know! Ice cream man! LOL!

I didn’t really like her on vegas, or 90210, forgot that she was on, and she was just annoying on that soap! I had to say that! but i’m sure the show will be great to watch!

EtherealPrey´s last blog post..Why so Serious!?

10. Karen says:

Hi Jenna,

I was wondering about that too. Hmmm… dunno, I’m guessing there’s some method to the madness there. :)

11. Karen says:

Hi Karen B.,

Me too! Do you guys get lifetime?

12. Karen says:

Hi EtherealPrey,

I would probably watch a show featuring the “World’s Best Ice Cream Man,” ha ha ha!

13. Karen says:

Hi Glosslizard,

Yah, it felt great this weekend. I caught up on some much needed REM. What did you do this weekend?

14. Karen B says:

Nope. But the Belgian tv usually airs shows like these (like Style Me and ANTM) so I’m hoping Blush will be on too.

Karen B´s last blog post..Top 200 my ass

15. Katee says:

Can’t wait to see this show!

Katee´s last blog post..Laura Mercier Nail Polish: Review & Swatches

16. Karen says:

Hi Karen B.,

Oh that’s cool! Hmmm… now that I think about it, I’ve never seen any Belgian TV before. :)

17. Karen says:

Hi Katee,

Me too!

18. Marisol says:

How funny! I just posted about this show on my blog. I really hope that they focus more on the skills than the drama.

Marisol´s last blog post..There’s no place like home

19. Karen says:

Hi Marisol,

Great minds think alike. :)

20. Christina says:

The smokey eye’s girl’s artist should have buffed out a LOT more, on both the blush and the eye.

21. Jennifer says:

My best friend is a gifted make-up artist. I think she would be a perfect fit for the show. Does anyone know how one would audition for a spot, next season?

22. Emily says:

Does anyone know where to audition for the next ‘Blush’?