Well, Tabs, when you put it that way…
So, this afternoon your nephew/my employer sent me the above threatening text (his anger evident by the lack of punctuation) in reference to my current mani-pedi situation, which is, at the moment, pretty tragic.
He suggested that I pick my two favorites from the new MAC Studio Nail Lacquer collection ($12 a bottle), and get them on my claws ASAP.
Soiree and Quick Million: My Two Favorites From the New MAC Studio Nail Lacquer Collection
Among the 36 shades in the launch, my favorites right now are warm golden bronze Soiree (a metallic copper with hints of rose gold) and glittery pale gold Quick Million (has hexagonal flecks of coppery rose gold glitter in it and a very Deborah Lippmann-esque vibe).
Both shout “SUMMER!” to me and should go great with a tan, so they’re going on my tips and toes this week.
They also remind me of these Kate Spade watches I’m currently lusting over…
I’m thinking about getting one with my Nordstrom birthday gift card — you know, ’cause I’m all about being on time…
HAHAHA! She has jokes today. 🙂
The MAC Studio Nail Lacquer Collection: The Formula, Finishes and Wear Time
Last weekend I tested creamy Rebel, a dark reddish plum shade, for wear time and durability, starting with a layer of MAC Underlacquer base coat, upon which I added two layers of Rebel on top.
At the time, I felt like I didn’t need a top coat because of how shiny, and almost gel-like, it looked, but I think I’ll use one next time I reach for one of the creams.
Because it needed it.
While these don’t seem to chip as easily or quickly as MAC’s O.G. nail polishes did, which would normally chip within a day or two for me, with Rebel, at least, I still saw chipping on day three.
I applied it on Thursday evening, and by Sunday night, there were tiny cracks at the tips of all my fingers.
Next time I wear one of these, I’m adding a topcoat, just in case, and I’ll let you know if the formula fares any better.
The New MAC Nail Studio Nail Lacquers: What Do You Think?
I get the feeling there isn’t a ferocious frenzy of excitement out there over these, but I could be wrong. What do you think? I probably won’t swatch the rest of them, unless you really want me to, and/or Tabs threatens me with great bodily harm.
The MAC Studio Nail Lacquer Line Includes…
- Quiet Time: a beige nude (cream)
- Coffee Break: a mid-tone cool taupe (cream)
- Delicate: a pale sheer ballet pink (cream)
- Erogenous: a light milky peach (cream)
- Skin: a light peachy beige (cream)
- Snob: a light neutral pink (cream)
- Saint Germain: a light cool pink (cream)
- Instant Crush: a bright coral (cream)
- Only in Florida: a mid-tone orangey coral (cream)
- Morange: a bright creamy orange (cream)
- Impassioned: a bright warm pink (cream)
- Girl About Town: a bright bluish fuchsia (cream)
- Shirelle: a classic bright red (cream)
- Flaming Rose: a true red (cream)
- Sour Cherry: a dark berry red (cream)
- Rebel: a mid-tone rich plum (cream)
- Midnight Ocean: a dark royal blue (cream)
- Nocturnelle: a rich true black (cream)
- Sunset Sky: a mid-tone crimson (cream)
- Midnight Storm: a deep magenta (cream)
- Anti-Fashion: a mid-tone dirty purple with pearl (frost)
- Midnight Strata: a dark violet (cream)
- Before Dawn: a greenish gray (cream)
- Midnight Sky: a deep charcoal (cream)
- Screaming Bright: a super glittery gold (pearl)
- Soiree: a sparkly light bronze gold (pearl)
- Girl Trouble: a super glittery pink (pearl)
- Mean & Green: a purple with teal multi-changing pearl (pearl)
- Formidable: a teal green with pink multi-changing pearl (pearl)
- Rain of Flowers: a deep violet with pink and blue pearl (pearl)
- Silver Dew: a gold glitter base with multi-colored large glitter (glitter)
- Quick Million: a gold glitter with large particle pink glitter (glitter)
- Tropical: a black with rainbow multi-pearl (glitter)
- Overlacquer: a clear gel-like texture top coat
- Underlacquer: a gel-like texture base coat
- Matte Overlacquer: matte effect top coat (matte)
The Nail Transformations Line Includes…
- Texturize: a clear leather-effect top coat
- Highlight: a sheer blue pearl transformer
- Liquid Pigment – Pink Pearl: a sheer pink pearl transformer
- Liquid Pigment – Green Pearl: a sheer green pearl transformer
- Liquid Pigment – Gold Pearl: a sheer gold pearl transformer
- Shadow: a sheer blackening top coat
I already swatched some of these in this post.
The MAC Studio Nail Lacquers hit the MAC website July 3 (in stores July 10) and are headed for the permanent line, while the new Nail Transformations are available now online (and coming to stores July 3, also to the permanent line).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,