When the bathroom floor is cold, and you’re literally freezing your butt off, bring your body moisturizer or body oil with you into the shower.
Stick it on a shelf, and do your shower thing. Then, when you’re done, towel off and moisturize before you even step out of the shower.
Then shake your fist at the horrible hobgoblin who decided not to install central heating in your apartment! 🙂
7 heavy-hitting hydrators to take into your shower
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Whipped Body Creme, from the Amazing Grace Fine Perfume Jumbo Layering Set ($75): Feminine, flirty and marvelously moisturizing, it leaves skin smelling faintly of muguet flowers (lily of the valley), bergamot and musk. Available now online.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Whipped Body Cream ($24): A light but highly moisturizing mousse that absorbs quicker than you can say, “Yes, I would LOVE to take home that chunky orange baby tabby.” 🙂 Available now online.
- Laura Mercier Golden Honey Musk Souffle Body Creme, from the Body & Bath Duet ($50): Quench your skin’s thirst while Indulging your senses with this warm and cozy blend of fragrant honey and amber. Available now online.
- Avene Body Oil ($24): A thick, rich mineral oil-based body oil with an earthy, peachy scent. Available now online.
- Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil ($90): It’s nice to see pronounceable words, like sunflower oil, grape seed and olive oil, at the top of this pricey, moisturizing product’s ingredient list. Available now online.
- Neutrogena Body Oil Fragrance Free ($9.99): Defeat dry skin without destroying your budget with this fast-absorbing fragrance-free favorite of mine. Available now online.
- Amlactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion ($18.99): An exfoliating lotion containing 12% lactic acid. I picked it up at Costco about a month ago, and my love for it grows stronger every day! I use it on my whole body, and I think it does a great job, but it really keeps my elbows, knees and feet feeling fabulously soft. Available now online.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,