I’ll tell you what bothers me: mascaras that won’t hold a curl. That, and ones that smudge. Grrr…
How to apply mascara
- Start by curling your lashes with your trusty eyelash curler. NOTE: If you curl your lashes after you’ve already applied your mascara, you run the risk of ripping some of them out! I’m guilty of having done it before… but it’s a big no-no that probably isn’t worth the risk.
- With your mascara wand in hand, remove any excess product from the wand by brushing it lightly against a clean tissue.
- Now, apply your first one or two coats.
- For better definition and more length, use a lash comb, getting in there *before your mascara dries*.
- For super-deluxe-crazy-dramatic length, apply one or two additional coats of mascara, but only to the tips of your lashes. Then, reach for your eyelash comb again, and run it through once more.
- Clean up any mess with Q-Tips or a tissue. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. For more fun with lashes, check out 11 Luscious Lash Tips.