Guess who didn’t realize that she left all of her makeup brushes at home until she was two hours into a three-hour drive to Redding from the Bay Area last weekend?
Go on, guess. Her name starts with “K.”
Here’s a hint: she was supposed to be going to a fancy schmancy Mother’s Day brunch with her hub’s family.
Yup! Yours truly. So when we got into town I had El Hub take me to the nearest MAC counter to pick up some emergency supplies, namely a Veluxe Brow Liner in Deep Dark Brunette, a 224 Tapered Brush and a 109 Small Contour Brush.
Seeing as how I usually use at least half a dozen different brushes for most of my real-deal makeup looks, it was actually kind of fun seeing what I could do with just one eye brush and a face brush.
Didn’t turn out half bad! — so I thought I’d write it down. 🙂
A two-brush makeup tutorial for a Mother’s Day brunch-tested look with gold, brown and coral.
If you’re blazing through your makeup without a minute to spare and have to apply multiple products with the same brush…
- Begin by applying the lightest products first
- Quickly clean the brush head a bit between products, swiping it back and forth across a dry paper towel
- Try to stick to products with similar formulas — powders with powders and creams with creams
You most definitely do not have to use these same brushes or products for something like this. If you don’t have anything here, swap it out for a product from your stash.
- Apply your foundation and concealer with your fingers
- Apply a base all over your lids with your shimmery copper eye shadow stick
- Blend! — with a finger
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with your shimmery light golden eye shadow stick
- Fill in your brows
- Load a tapered blending brush with face powder to set your under-eye concealer
- Sweep your shimmery golden powder eye shadow all over your lids with the same brush
- Blend your shimmery dark brown powder eye shadow into the outer corners of your eyes with the same brush
- Line your upper and lower water lines
- Coat your upper and lower lashes with mascara
- Cut down on the shine by loading your face brush with face powder and applying that to your forehead, nose and chin
- Sweep a matte bronzer below your cheekbones and around the edge of your face and jawline with the same brush for contouring
- With the same brush, apply a peach blush to the apples of your cheeks
- Still with the same brush, dust a peachy bronze highlighter on your upper cheeks
- Add a coral lipstick…
- Now give yourself a hand because you’re done! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,