Ladies, I sure hope you’re able to get away from things for a couple hours to enjoy a fun movie night out with friends. You deserve a break! Go with girlfriends, that strapping young man in your life, or, hell, go by yourself (which I’ve done many times before). And to help you get ready for movie night, here are five quick makeup tips!
- To be ready for your closeup and to get that shine under control, try Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($5.29). They combat shine without powder buildup. And look for Laura Mercier Undercover Concealers ($22). Use just the minimum amount of foundation and thin concealers, only where needed, to even out your skin tone.
- Before applying your eye makeup, start with Olay Definity Eye Illuminator ($25.99). Its multi-colored micas help to hide imperfections and limit the amount of makeup you’ll need to use around your eyes.
- Use shimmer eyeshadows and blush selectively, especially if you’re going out to dinner before the movie. Harsh bar and restaurant lighting accentuates the contrast in shimmery makeup.
- What makes a good story? The answer: drama. For dramatic lips, start with a good round tip lip brush. Apply your lipstick from the center of the lips (the bow of the upper lip and the center of the lower lip), working outward toward the corners. To line your lips, use a color that complements the shade you chose for your lips.
- For extra shiny oomph!, apply a layer of MAC Clear Lipglass($13.50) on top of your lipstick.
Could somebody please pass the popcorn?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,