Lately my morning makeup’s been like Switzerland (neutral). I know it’s just a phase, but I haven’t been wanting to spend the time, ya know? Here’s a simple eye that only takes about 15 minutes to do. It features black liner and shimmery brown shadow with just a bit of blending and smudging.
I’ve been wearing it with nude lips, but you could always punch it up with a brighter pink, fuchsia or coral gloss. Most of the products here are from Urban Decay and MAC (with some Hourglass sprinkled in for good luck), but any similar colors from other brands would also work.
The recipe I used…
- Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion as an eyeshadow base
- Urban Decay Smog (from the Summer of Love Palette) for the shimmery brown eyeshadow
- A shimmery peachy eyeshadow like MAC All That Glitters
- A black pencil liner like Urban Decay 24/7-Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero
- A black mascara like Urban Decay Skyscraper
- A matte pink blush like Hourglass Cosmetics Blush in Sunset (from the Sunset Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo)
- A matte bronzer like Hourglass Cosmetics Bronze Light (also from Sunset)
- A nude lip liner like Too Faced Perfect Lips
- A nude gloss like Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgoss in Max
From left: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Smog, MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters, Urban Decay 24/7-Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero, Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara
Hourglass Cosmetics Creme-to-Powder Blush in Sunset and Creme-to-Powder Bronzer in Bronze Light, Too Faced Perfect Lips LIner
Eyes (I do one at a time)
- First, dab and blend a thin layer of the eyeshadow primer over your entire eyelid with a finger.
- Then, using a flat eyeshadow brush (this time I used Dolce & Gabbana’s), pat the shimmery brown eyeshadow directly on top of the primer and along the lower lash line. Concentrate more of the color on the lid and fade as you move toward your brow; blend away any harsh edges with a fluffy domed brush like the MAC 217.
- Next, with the same fluffy domed brush, sweep the shimmery peach eyeshadow along your brow bone and at the inner corner of your eye.
- OPTIONAL: You can sassify the look by lining your upper an lower waterlines with some black eyeliner…
- Also with the black liner, draw a very thin line along the outer lash lines. Thicken the line ever so slightly as it moves toward the ear. Then, soften it with some smudging. I used a pencil brush (I like the MAC 219).
- Still using the pencil brush, pat the shimmery brown shadow on top of the smudged out liner, and blend out the edges (try using your fluffy domed brush if you have one).
Finish the eyes by curling your top lashes and applying two layers of your favorite black mascara (to the tops AND bottoms).
Cheeks and lips
- Almost done, hon! Here, grab your blush brush (I like the MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush because the synthetic fibers handle cream products well), and sweep the pink blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Wipe the brush head against a towel to clean it somewhat before using it again to apply the bronzer along the lower curve of your cheek (just below the apple). Then, swipe it horizontally across your forehead before coming down the bridge of your nose and back up the jawline.
- Finish the look by lining and filling in your lips with your nude lip liner, ending with a layer of nude gloss on top.
Last, but not least (and this step is VERY important), take a moment to admire your work in the mirror (I like to blow myself a kiss for a job well done).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,