The riddle of time travel remains a nut science has yet to crack, but even though we can’t alter the past (yet), we can shape the future!
With the new MAC By Request collection, MAC is giving 18 of their former bestselling Eye Shadows, Lipsticks and Lipglasses a second chance at stardom, and it’s by people’s choice on Facebook.
The three top vote getters in each of the three categories will go on sale again in the limited edition release beginning this August in North America (online only) and in internationally sometime this fall.
Missing your favorite MAC colors from days of yore, like the kinder, gentler days of The Jersey Shore’s first season (when Sammi and the Situation were, like, a thing)? Act now, because MAC is taking requests for comeback colors. Now through March 30, cast your vote on Facebook for the colors you’d like to make an encore appearance in MAC By Request. The top nine fan favorite shades will go on sale again beginning this August, exclusively online.
I was able to track down 13 of the 18 eligible colors… Have you made your decision yet? Which of these former stars (three each per category) deserves a comeback? The shades not shown here are Candy Yum Yum and Moxie among the Lipsticks, Icescape among the Lipglasses, and Moth Brown and Solar White for the Eye Shadows.
I cast my votes for…
- Lipsticks: 3N, Eden Rocks and Rocker
- Lipglasses: Cult of Cherry, Flash of Flesh and Bait
- Eye Shadows: Cool Heat, Guacamole and Heavenly Bliss
Eye Shadows clockwise from the blue pan on the left: Cool Heat, Heavenly Bliss, Guacamole and Jeté
Eyeshadow swatches form the left: Heavenly Bliss, Jeté, Guacamole and Cool Heat
Lipglasses from the left: Emancipation, Flash of Flesh, Bait, Cult of Cherry and 2N
Flash of Flesh (left) and Bait (right)
Lipglass swatches from the left: Bait, Cult of Cherry, Emancipation, Flash of Flesh and 2N
Lipsticks from the left: Eden Rocks, Rocker, Shitaki and 3N
Lipsticks from the left: Eden Rocks, Rocker and Shitaki
Lipstick swatches from the left: Eden Rocks, Rocker, Shitaki and 3N
Full list of the nominees…
(Cast your vote on Facebook!)
Category No. 1: Lipsticks
- 3N, as seen in the N Collection (January 2008)
- Candy Yum Yum, as seen in Quite Cute (April 2011)
- Eden Rocks, as seen in Eden Rocks (May 2001)
- Moxie, as seen in Retro Matte Lipsticks (September 1999)
- Rocker, as seen in Time Rocker (Fall 1999)
- Shitaki, as seen in Cuisine (March 2001)
Category No. 2: Lipglasses
- 2N, as seen in N Collection (January 2008)
- Bait, as seen in Lure (June 2006)
- Cult of Cherry, as seen in Cult of Cherry (September 2008)
- Emancipation, as seen in Wonder Woman (February 2011)
- Flash of Flesh, as seen in M·A·C D’Bohemia (May 2005)
- Icescape, as seen in Love Lace (December 2009)
Category No. 3: Eye Shadows
- Cool Heat, as seen in Cool Heat (June 2008)
- Guacamole, as seen in Salsabelle (May 2005)
- Heavenly Bliss, as seen in Eden Rocks (May 2001)
- Jeté, as seen in Danse (January 2006)
- Moth Brown, as seen in Madame B. (March 2005)
- Solar White, as seen in Cool Heat (June 2008)
Did you already cast your votes? Which ones did you pick?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,