I’ve had Paris on my mind today, but not for the usual “Paris is terrific!” reasons. It’s because of a disturbing dream I had last night.
I dreamt that I was in Paris staying at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée, which is the same hotel Carrie stayed at in the final season of Sex and City when she went to Paris to live with that art gallery dude.
Anyway, instead of sipping champagne and stuffing my face with macarons and twirling around in custom Chanel couture in my fabulous dream hotel room (which would have a view of the Eiffel tower, of course), I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off because the city was being bombed.
Yeah, that’s right.
Homegirl finally has a dream about the City of Lights, but instead of having tea with Karl Lagerfeld and Choupette or strolling down the Champs-Élysées alongside Tabs, who of course would be wearing a little red beret (I know you can picture it), she’s stuck in a five-star hotel as bombs rain down on the city.
I can’t remember why I was in the room, but all of the windows were wide open, and I could see explosions going off in the distance.
It was terrifying!
Right before I woke up from the dream, I was running around turning off all of the lights, because I didn’t want anyone outside to know that I was in the room by myself. 😯
So the moral of this story is to not eat too much chocolate before bed…
El Hub and I visited Paris years ago, right before he asked me to marry him, and I fell head over heels in love, both with him and the city.
I hope, I hope, I hope I can go back to Paris one of these days. Maybe by then Tabs will have given me a raise, and I’ll have saved enough to go to the Chanel store and buy myself a handbag. In Paris. Then every time I carried it, I’d remember that day.
All this is to say that I was in the mood to wear makeup today that I could see myself wearing to the Chanel store — red lips and black cat liner, with softly sculpted lids.
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre — base
- MAC Eye Shadow in Brule — all over lid
- MAC Gravitas Palette — Twiggy (outer crease and lower lash line), Ancient (crease), Golden Ticket (lid), Shroom (inner corner) and Carbon (at edges of black liner to soften)
- NARS Paint in Black Valley — cat eye liner
- Eylure No 080 Lashes
- Marc Jacobs O! Mega Mascara — lower lash lines
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
- MAC Eye Shadow in Brun
- Anastasica Clear Brow Gel
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Fluide in Chai
- Diorskin Nude Concealer in 003
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in 4.5
- theBalm Bahama mama Bronzer
- theBalm Frat Boy Blush
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone
- MAC Ultimate Lipstick in Audacious
Now all I have to do is keep this makeup from melting off my face as I go about my day. It’s supposed to be in the 90s here in Novato, YIKES! I want to wear this to see Gone Girl tonight, but I don’t know if it’s going to make it that long.
Anyone else going to the movies tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,