OK, so I’m enjoying an Amy’s Mexican Casserole Bowl and watching Gilmore Girls last night when I kindasorta FREAKED THE EFF OUT. One of the main characters in the show, Lorelei Gilmore (the mom half of the Gilmore duo), was getting her best friend Sookie ready for a date, doing her hair, putting on her makeup — all of that good stuff a beauty BFF does for her gal pals. Anywho, when she’s ready to apply Sookie’s lipstick, she calls out to her daughter Rory (the other half of the Gilmore Girls) downstairs to bring up “Viva Glam.” Yes! THE Viva Glam. She doesn’t say the word “MAC,” but when she holds the lipstick up to Sookie’s lips, you can clearly see the tube, and it’s definitely MAC.
Witty banter? Endless cups of coffee? MAC makeup references? This just might be the best show ever. 🙂
I still had Viva Glam on my mind this morning when I was getting ready, so I took out my favorite version, Viva Glam V Lipglass, and paired it with a cool-toned smokey brown and peach eye using the new Too Faced Sugar & Spice Palette ($39, available now), and the new NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette.
Also, just for fun, and to see how the eyes would look with a more dramatic lip, I swapped out Viva Glam V with the new Viva Glam Rihanna 2 Lipstick and Lipglass…
Wow! I actually really like the bolder lip combo.
Incidentally, the first time I wore the Rihanna 2 lippies separately, I felt they looked a little too stark on me. Then I tried them together and came around. Now I’m lovin’ that deep, sparkling pinkish mauve.
As for my cheeks, I’m wearing the new NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette ($65, from the new holiday collection). It comes with three blushes (Sex Fantasy, Deep Throat and Final Cut), a highlighter (Miss liberty) and a bronzer (good ol’ Laguna), available exclusively at Sephora starting November 1.
Here’s a better breakdown of my look…
- MAC Paints in Sublime Nature — base
- Too Faced Eyeshadow in Coconut Cream from the Sugar & Spice Palette — all over lid
- Too Faced Eyeshadow in Biscotti from the Sugar & Spice Palette — outer lid, inner lid and crease
- Too Faced Eyeshadow in Chocolate Cake from the Sugar & Spice Palette — crease and lower lash line
- Hourglass Film Noir Kohl in Eclipse — upper water line and lower lash line
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone — inner corner
- MAC Choragraphic Pencil in NW25/C30 — water line
- Topshop Doe Eyed Lashes Mascara — upper and lower lashes
- Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Dolce & Gabbana Aurealux Cream
- Dolce & Gabbana Aurealux Eye Gel
- Smashbox Pore Minimizing Photofinish Primer
- Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Beach Glow
- Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Tan
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Tan
- YSL Touche Eclat in 4.5
- NARS Laguna Bronzer from the new Virtual Domination Cheek Palette — contour
- NARS Blush in Deep Throat mixed with Blush in Final Cut from the Virtual Domination Palette — blush
- NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Miss Liberty — upper cheekbones
- BECCA Shimmering SKin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone — bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow
- MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam V
- MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam Rihanna 2 (bottom look)
- MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam Rihanna 2 (bottom look)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,