I got Ruby Woo’d today, man! I had an early morning meeting, so no glitter or falsies. Just a reliable, classic combo of cat eyes and red lips using the contents of the new MAC Keepsakes Smoky Eye Bag ($39.50/$47.50 CAD) and Keepsakes Red Lip Bag ($39.50 US/$47.50 CAD).
Red lips and cat eyes — it’s hard to go wrong with that combo. There are endless ways to tweak and work it.
I usually use a gel or liquid liner for my feline eyes, but I was running late today. (No way! That never happens, haha.) I couldn’t risk getting into a Greco-Roman wrestling match with my eyeliner, so I went with a softer, smokier version by lining my upper lash lines with a black eye pencil, and then smoking out the edges with a shimmery, blackish gray eyeshadow to create the cat eye shape.
Sometimes I prefer the softer, less formal look I can get with the eye pencil-eyeshadow combo…and sometimes it’s just quicker and easier than trying to control a gel or liquid liner.
It being the season and all, I paired the eyes with a red lip, reaching into the MAC Keepsakes Red Lip Bag for MAC Ruby Woo Lip Liner, Ruby Woo Matte Lipstick and Ruby Woo Lipglass.
Oh! If you haven’t danced with bluish red Ruby Woo yet, you MUST. It’s one of those MAC reds you have to try at least once, ideally when you’re going someplace fun (no, not a work meeting…although that would also work).
The MAC Keepsakes Red Lip Bag and Smoky Eye Bag arrive online with the rest of the Keepsakes collection October 19, before showing up at North American MAC stores and counters October 23 through December 18 (and at all international MAC locations this November).
Here’s a better breakdown of my look…
- Nyx Proof It! Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer — base
- MAC Matte Eye Shadow in Her Mistress from the Keepsakes Beige Eyes Palette — all over lid
- MAC Veluxe Pearl Eye Shadow in Kid from the Keepsakes Smoky Eyes Palette — crease and lower lash line
- MAC In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Tall, Dark & Handsome from the Keepsakes Smoky Eye Bag — upper lash line as a cat eyeliner and outer part of lower lash line
- MAC In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Treasure Me from the Keepsakes Smoky Eye Bag — inner corner
- MAC Power Point Eye Pencil in Engraved from the Keepsakes Smoky Eye Gab — water lines and upper lash line
- MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in Black — upper and lower lashes
- Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Dolce & Gabbana Sheer Radiance Make Up Base
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in Caramel mixed with NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli
- Tom Ford Concealing Pen in Medium Deep
- YSL Touche Eclat in 4.5
- MAC Sheer Mystery Powder in Deep Dark — contour
- Dolce & Gabbana Blush in Apricot — blush
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal — highlight
- MAC Lip Pencil in Ruby Woo
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- MAC Lipglass in Ruby Woo
Migraines, and Gilmore Girls mania
TRUTH: All I want to do is marathon Gilmore Girls on Netflix today.
That’s all I want.
How did I miss this show when it came out?! Let’s see…at the time I was in my already melodramatic early 20s, so that kind of explains it.
Anywho, I really like the show, and I’ve had a terrible migraine all day, so I’m tempted to just pet Tabs and watch TV on the couch.
Did you watch Gilmore Girls? I’m still on the first season, so lots of Gilmore left to watch. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I don’t know why this occurred to me right now, but guess what other great show returns for a new season this weekend?? (Here’s a hint: it stars a samurai named Michonne.)