With the MAC Mia Moretti collection available now, you might be wondering, “So, who is a MAC Mia Moretti girl?”
That’s a great question. I’m glad you asked. 🙂
I think she’s a girl who likes to wear makeup that isn’t too fussy, and by that I mean that I don’t see her grabbing three shades to contour her cheeks (I’m with you, girl). Maybe she’s at a music festival with daisies in her hair, dancing around — perhaps in a puddle, who knows? And she may or may not be wearing shoes.
She probably is, however, wearing tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Maybe a cream blush on her cheeks and a little highlighter. She’s also quite possibly a free-spirited girl with a sense of style and adventure.
All of these pieces are creams, which I think are a little more laid back than powder formulas. There are no powders here.
I think the kicker is the crazy palette with the blue, green and purple, which is not, despite appearances, an eye product. It’s actually a lip palette. A kind of cuckoo crazy lip palette, and all of the lipsticks in it have MAC’s Amplified formula, which I usually like, but I’m not a huge fan of it here.
I think that may be due to the super pastel colors. They just aren’t playing well with my lips. They’re settling into my lip lines and, quite frankly, when I wear the blue and green, I look like a crazy-pants.
I think you have to abide by a certain aesthetic to really rock these (and it’s not me).
All of the Cream Colour bases and Casual Colour cream blushes in the release are great. You can wear the Casual Colours both on cheeks and/or lips, and for cream blushes, they last a really long time. If you’re interested, I talk about the formula a little more here and in this video…
The MAC Mia Moretti collection includes…
- Who’s the DJ? Lip Palette X 6 ($40), which includes…
- Amplified Lipstick in Desert Sun, a creamy nude
- Amplified Lipstick in Weekend 1, a bubblegum pink
- Amplified Lipstick in She’s a Peach, a a bright salmon
- Amplified Lipstick in Weekend 2, a lilac
- Amplified Lipstick in Umbrella Sky, a bright sky blue
- Amplified Lipstick in Vintage Radio, a seafoam green
- Amplified Lipstick in Maria Moretti, a cherry red ($16)
- Lustre Lipstick in High Tea, a beige pink with pearl ($16)
- Cream Colour Base in Desert Roadtrip, a golden bronze ($21)
- Cream Colour Base in Summer Wind, a pale sand shimmer ($21)
- Casual Colour in Puttin’ on the Spritz, a bright intense coral ($22)
- Casual Colour in P.S. I Like You, a carnation pink ($22)
- Mia Moretti Tote ($50)
- Mia Moretti Makeup Bags ($46)
The two Cream Colour bases are basically cream highlighters (shade additions to the existing line). I like ’em… I think they’re an easy way to get your glow on without that heavy, in-your-face powder highlighter effect, and they don’t settle into my pores.
All told: MAC Mia Moretti. DJs. Cool. Lots of creams. Available now. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,